MV Corse Exhaust Options - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:02 PM Thread Starter

Post MV Corse Exhaust Options

I am confused by all the different MV Corse exhaust options for Brutales' on sites such as Vesuvio (don't get me wrong the amount of stuff they do is fantastic just too much of a novice to understand what applies to what models). I am right for example in assuming for example that the B4 inox open silencers (!) are only for the 910?

In summary can someone please confirm what my options are if I wanted to get a MV Corse system (titanium or other) for a european 1078RR?

Please be paitent with a newbie MV owner!

Oh and if khameron reads this, are Vesuvio likely to be running a track day in 2010? Just France is easy for me to get to.

JerseyBrut
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 11:10 AM
Established Member

the full Ti line is the way to go. it blues up nicely and sounds killer.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 12:26 PM

OK, let's get this things clear once and for all:

You have 2 MV Corse options, that fit all Brutales:

Inox system: inox headers + inox mid pipe + inox cans
That kind of system came with 910R in USA, but was not on the bike, it was to be mounted seperatlly

Titanium system: titanium headers + titanium midpipe + titanium cans
You can buy MV Corse titanium system, which is in fact made by MotoCorse, privately held company. You can see an MC stamp on the left side of cans.

Now, on 1078, if you would like to get rid off cat, you need to change the heades and midpipe, since OEm system is two piece only: cans seperatlly and headers-midpipe are welded together.

You can buy inox Corse headers and midpipe or you can buy older OEM headers(which are cheap) and buy only midpipe from some aftermarket company(Arrow, Bodis,...) and combine them with OEm cans or any other cans you want.

You can also buy titanium headers+midpipe and use OEM cans or inox Corse cans or also buy titanium cans.

They all fit to all bikes.

I currently run titanium headers and midpipe(which was previously installed on 1078) and inox Corse cans, and this is on Brutale 750, so yes, headers fit pretty much perfectly.

Pretty much everything is interchangable.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 01:20 PM
Established Member

"I currently run titanium headers and midpipe(which was previously installed on 1078) and inox Corse cans, and this is on Brutale 750, so yes, headers fit pretty much perfectly."

^ That sounds like a great set up..where is the best place to purchase? thx.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 03:34 PM

I bought inox Corse cans from a member here, since my OEMs got damaged, I would not buy them otherwise. Also, they don't add much to power, but they do sound nice. Real gain is in cat-less midpipe + engine tuning with standalone ECU or custom EPROM.

Titanium headers can be bought through dealer, also some internet shop sells them, like Vesuvio,...
You can always try to buy them here if some forum member would part with them.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:27 PM Thread Starter

MihaSLO

Many thanks for clearing that up for me. Much appreciated, I now understand what is available and can be done, which as you say is pretty much anything!

JerseyBrut
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-19-2010, 04:35 PM

In my experience, you don't need any more power on 1078, only if you want better sound, but it is pretty loud stock already. But, getting rid of cat lets engine spin faster and more ''freely''. Titanium looks good too.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 02:39 PM

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBrut View Post
MihaSLO

Many thanks for clearing that up for me. Much appreciated, I now understand what is available and can be done, which as you say is pretty much anything!

JerseyBrut
I Have a brutale 1078 in guernsey, and have fitted arrow down pipes and link pipe with the standard end cans, runs fine , you can then put the arrow end cans or mv corse end cans, but you would
also need to purchase race ecu.
I will need to take bike to jersey for first sevice as no longer dealer
in guernsey whats the dealer like.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 01-21-2010, 03:03 PM Thread Starter

Colin

Small world, did not expect to hear from someone else from the CI on the forum!

Dealer is Motorama, Nick Daghorn is the man on the ground so to speak. Knowledgable, loves his MV's, has had a number since the first 750 F4 and tracks his current bike which sits pride of place in the showroom!

They are also dealers for Moto Morini, Aprilia and Yamaha.

Will, runs the service area, but they have only just taken on the dealership from Bikers, in Georgetown, so have only just received the latest telemetary equipment. Last I heard the technicians were awaiting a guy from MV to come over to do some training.

Anyway give them a call and when you come over, PM me and I will meet up with you at Elizabeth Terminal and do some introductions for you.

Regards

Dave

Stuck on a rock off the coast of France

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode