Got my 1078RR and my first question to you all - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 05:00 PM Thread Starter

Got my 1078RR and my first question to you all

Well the time has come to introduce myself as I have finally got my 1078RR today from Motorama Jersey, thanks to Nick and Will for all their help.

Why did I get the 1078 rather than wait for the 1090 some may ask? Well it comes down to price and a fantastic deal. You can get and do an awful lot for 4000 which is the extra it was going to cost for the 1090!

I will hopefully post some pics over the next few weeks, but in the meantime would like to thank those of you who have helped in my questions I have PM'd to them and who largely convinced me that the Brutale was the bike to get.

My first question to you all is that I have been considering getting the Arrow Thunder exhaust, but am confused by the websites and what I will need to replace/do. It is clear that the Cat needs to be replaced and a midpipe installed, but as the Cat and the header pipes are all one piece on the 1078RR, I presume I also need to swap out the header pipes as well as buying the mid section and end can. Am I right anyone and will I need to change anything on the ECU? (Sorry if this topic has been beaten to a pulp already!)

Anyway, this is one of many questions I am sure I will have over the initial period of getting to know my Brutale, but most importantly I believe I have finally got an icon that looks as good in the garage as it does on the road.

Safe riding to you all.

Dave (Stuck on a rock off the coast of France!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-14-2010, 08:35 PM
Established Member

Much congrats on your new awesome bike!! I plan on being in your position very soon. I don't think that you will miss out much on the 1090, at least that is my two cents. Good luck!
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 06:29 AM

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerseyBrut View Post
Well the time has come to introduce myself as I have finally got my 1078RR today from Motorama Jersey, thanks to Nick and Will for all their help.

Why did I get the 1078 rather than wait for the 1090 some may ask? Well it comes down to price and a fantastic deal. You can get and do an awful lot for 4000 which is the extra it was going to cost for the 1090!

I will hopefully post some pics over the next few weeks, but in the meantime would like to thank those of you who have helped in my questions I have PM'd to them and who largely convinced me that the Brutale was the bike to get.

My first question to you all is that I have been considering getting the Arrow Thunder exhaust, but am confused by the websites and what I will need to replace/do. It is clear that the Cat needs to be replaced and a midpipe installed, but as the Cat and the header pipes are all one piece on the 1078RR, I presume I also need to swap out the header pipes as well as buying the mid section and end can. Am I right anyone and will I need to change anything on the ECU? (Sorry if this topic has been beaten to a pulp already!)

Anyway, this is one of many questions I am sure I will have over the initial period of getting to know my Brutale, but most importantly I believe I have finally got an icon that looks as good in the garage as it does on the road.

Safe riding to you all.

Dave (Stuck on a rock off the coast of France!)
Congrats! I envy you...

Let us know how it rides; is it as uncontrollable (and as much fun!) as it is written up to be...?

Nulla tenaci invia est via
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 02:41 PM

Whats the speed limit in Jersey.......I know its 40 on Guernsey......so good luck and enjoy the ferry trips to france

Brit Biker with Triumphs and a love of Italians.
138 You are my best friend too.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 PM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
My compliments for your purchase!
Ride safe and make love!

Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 06:35 PM

Yes you sure do have an icon! congratulations on getting this bike. I have a 1078rr Brutale and it is an absolutely awesome bike. I haven't changed the exhaust for the reasons you've already stated. Yes the cat can not be repaced with a mid pipe unless you replace the manifold pipes as well because on this bike they are all welded together. I wanted to keep the origional mufflers but put on 'new' manifold pipes and sperate midpipe but it will have to wait a while as I was quoted £950 for titanium replacements or £725 for stainless steel. I did however get a microtek replacement ECU from Chris at Xbikes (X81) on this forum and it really smoothes out the 'snatchy' throttle.,althugh I have to get mine fine tuned to sort it perfectly. Once again great choice on a great bike you'll not regret it! .
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-15-2010, 06:51 PM

Welcome to the forum:

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

2014 B3 ITALIA
2010 Aprilia Tuono sold
08 Ducati 1098S
06 Ducati 999S sold
Bimota Santa Monica
2004 R1150RS
2005 MV F4 BLUE & Silver Sold
2010 Aprillia RSV4 R White:sold
1978 BMW R100RS sold
2008 Ducati SC 1000 S Sold
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

Smile

Well, got out on the bike yesterday, and having come from a 2009 R1, all I can say is that I am massively impressed. So much nicer riding position, torque out of this world (can well imagine she will spit you off if you don't show respect), and whilst an absolute beast simply remains a pleasure to ride.

Only, grips were she used a tank of fuel in about an hour and a half, yes RedB4 we are restricted in theory to 40mph, so the stop start riding didn't help and the throttle action is quite snatchy at low speeds/revs oh and she nearly cut out on me once when pulling the clutch in.

All of the above I have read about on this forum, so will be keeping a close eye on them before the first service is due. I would though be interested to hear from BG Wells re the microtex ECU as I have read elsewhere that this has helped smooth out the snatchy throttle response as well as being able to control the degree of engine braking, something I had got used to not having with the R1.

Sorry no photos yet but will try and get a gallery sorted soon.

Many thanks to those of you who took the trouble to reply to my first post.

All the best

JerseyBrut
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:31 PM

New Site Garage
Welcome to the family and congratulations on the baby

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 01-18-2010, 04:47 PM
Established Member

Join the clubcongrats

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode