Got my New ORO today! - MVAgusta.net
View Poll Results: What should I do with the last dealer-available Brutale Oro (Under 6kM)?
Ride it like a normal bike. (Unlimited miles a year.) 35 50.00%
Ride it, but baby it (less than 100 miles a year). 13 18.57%
Ride it, but only on holidays (less than 50 miles a year). 3 4.29%
Never ride it and keep it in my living room. 4 5.71%
Sell it to a museum/collector who will not ride it. 8 11.43%
Trade it for a bike I can ride. 8 11.43%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 70. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 134 (permalink) Old 12-31-2009, 11:58 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Got my New ORO today!

Hello all,
A newbie to the forum and MV Agusta community!

Just got my first MV Agusta Brutale Serie Oro!!!!

It was for a fantastic deal. Brand-spanking-new, seriously has 6kilometers on it...and I put 2 kM on it in the parking lot! I never bought anything, save the house, for this much I'm actually scared to drive this monster on the road!

The majority of the parts are magnesium to include the swing arm. I'm super pumped. The dealer in TX (I live in KY) told me that this was the last ORO in America that can be bought brand new. Not too sure how accurate that is but he gave me a fantastic deal (16k friend of the family) and took a lose on it for sure.

I'm attaching some pictures below. I was wondering if there are any initial "must-todos" when the package arrives.

I drove to San Antonio to see my father during cancer treatment and he just bought a 2007 F4. I decided-- what the hell is that paper doing in the bank? You only live once! Sooo, needless to say my dad is broke from the F4 and I am from the ORO!

But, on a serious note, I've never purchased a street bike nor one coming in the crate. Do I need to do any initial checks or services. I'm not a mechanic but I do have considerable military training (just means I know how to hit something that's broke on the side with a wrench) Ill not be working on this for sure...don't worry. But, I would like to know if I need to do anything. Feel free to dumb it down...I'm nervous as hell about this!
Attached Images

1989 Feber/Honda CS 6 Volt, 1.5mA
1972 Motomorni 50cc
2004 Kawasaki Ex 250
1997 Kawasaki ZX6R
2001 Kawasaki ZX6R
2006 Yamaha R6s
2004 MV Agusta Brutale Oro

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 12:05 AM

hey there, big congrats on the purchase, if i could find an Oro for 16K i'd buy it as well,as for checks make sure the dealer gives it a thorough once over as its their responsibility.

as for mods, no carbon needed, maybe a " Corse" exhaust, Power commander III and filter and it will seriously rock.

cheers

James
post #3 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 12:39 AM
The Dude

congrats on the bike. I think I saw that one there a couple years ago.... nice bike.

'06 MV Agusta Brutale 910 || '03 MV Agusta F4 750 - Moto Corse Challenge 2 || '05 Yamaha FJR1300A || '04 Honda CBR600RR || '96 Honda XR250 || '90 Honda CBR250RR (MC22) || '89 Honda VT250 Spada

Tokyo, Japan
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 01:15 AM

friggin love it! well done mate.
post #5 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 04:49 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Whow!!!!!Brutale oro is a important Mv bike!First limited edition by factory!
Congrats,
we are waiting other pictures!
Pier

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #6 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigiolino View Post
Whow!!!!!Brutale oro is a important Mv bike!First limited edition by factory!
Congrats,
we are waiting other pictures!
Pier
Except for the F4 ORO

Lovely bike, I remember my local dealer having one, stunning attention to detail

(This reply has not been checked for punctuation, grammar, or spelling mistakes and is devoid of any big long cleverwords or condescending manner)

MV's all gone now, still have a soft spot for MV's, waiting for MV to tick all my boxes again.
Previously (and about 40 others)748SP, S4, S4R, 98R1, 2000 F4, F41000S, F41000R, 08R1, 09R1, S1000RR, RSV4 Factory aPRC in Garage now
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 06:15 AM
Ambassador / 007

Waiting for new bike

Send a message via Skype™ to pigiolino
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikef4uk View Post
Except for the F4 ORO

Lovely bike, I remember my local dealer having one, stunning attention to detail
Of course!F4 oro and Brutale oro.Still so much expensive here in Italy.

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!
post #8 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 06:48 AM
Nice purchase.

Keep one wheel down!

If you can't fix it with a hammer you've got an electrical problem!

No MV's in the garage anymore
but I pop in here from time to time
. Come to think of it I don't have a garage since the old one burnt down!
But.....a new one is currently rising from the ashes......watch this space!
post #9 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 07:13 AM

Congratulations!!! It looks absolutely stunning. Wish you a happy new year everybody.
post #10 of 134 (permalink) Old 01-01-2010, 08:02 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Congratulations and welcome aboard.

I think the first must do would be to sell it.

Now, before you jump ugly with me let me explain:

There are plenty of people looking for bikes to put in a glass box and stare at. Yours would be one such bike.

It sounds to me like you will ride it and modify it a bit. EXCELLENT idea, but not on that bike. That one, because of its uniqueness, should be in the hands of someone who is going to use it for display.

Buy another Brutale 750 for less than 1/2 what you paid for the one you now own, spend a few thousand on the mods you like, and buy and F4 with the balance.

If you must keep and ride it, change the tires. They look brand new which means they are 6 years old. That is not a good thing.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode