Can we talk Brute crash protection? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 07:32 PM Thread Starter

Can we talk Brute crash protection?

Ok - so I think I want to get some frame protectors but I'm a bit confused about getting the right thing - some say that you need to get the ones that screw into a bolt that then fits into the 'frame space' others like ones that screw into the engine mounts? any thoughts? any experience?
next question - how do you all feel about axel protectors? front and rear, do you guys think they are a good idea? or do they just look dumb? real or fake?

any thoughts or experience would be helpful - anybody lowsided a Brutale yet? I kinda hope not but the info would be useful to find which bits are subject to impact.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 07:35 PM Thread Starter

that would be axle and these pics are better....
also two frame sliders each side? - necessary or no?
Attached Images

post #3 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 07:37 PM

it's a bike, it has 2 wheels. sooner or later it will fall, unfortunatly.

having frame sliders will save some expensive repairs for sure.

I lowsided my R6 on the track last year, and frame slider took all the damage.

I consider this #1 upgrade, but my dealer did not have them in stock, so I have to order them (after they fix my damn bike)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:04 PM

I have ordered the "Oggy Knobs"/frame protectors as they are called over here. They will be put on my bike before it leaves the store. You can only do so much though, if we put too much stuff on the bike to protect it the chances of it falling over will increase due to the added weight.
post #5 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:13 PM Thread Starter

I have heard of some frame protectors twisting the frame in a crash and causing more damage. Any way I agree that they are a good idea my questions concern how do different kinds mount and which ones to buy - and how do people feel about axle protection?
post #6 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:20 PM
Established Member

I would go for small frame sliders.....inorder not to distroy the design. The big black ones you posted are a bit to big and dominat for my taste.......at least for normal street riding. If you go to the track a lot you might think of the bigger ones...
post #7 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:42 PM

Embarassingly, I just dropped my Brute for the first time today. Moving it out of my Baxley chock in the garage, and I was on the side-stand side, and I tripped, and it fell to the right Arrrrgh!!!
Luckily, though, I have frame sliders, and to my disbelief, the only damage is the rear brake lever peg snapped.
The frame slider is scuffed, but it absolutely saved my bike!
post #8 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker998
that would be axle and these pics are better....
also two frame sliders each side? - necessary or no?
I low sided at 50mph and had only the upper (fwd) RG protectors, the "big" black ones. Bike slid for 75' or so. Half the plastic slider was ground away but the tank was spared as well as header pipes, engine case, etc. The only thing that hit further back was the brake pedal and the passenger peg bracket which protected the exhausts. I have since installed the rear frame protectors which would have prevented "any" damage whatsoever. They may not look all that great but they look a hell of alot better than a crashed brutale. I don't think the spindle or fork protectors would add any additional protection as these parts were not an issue.
post #9 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:48 PM Thread Starter

Ah ha!! do you have double sliders fazer6? what make etc please tell all - I almost dropped my dr650 this afternoon my boot got locked on a bungee strap - I went ass over tit and the bike landed on top of me still it's only 320lbs......

be careful out there the18th August has some wierd planatary alignments that may cause chaos and crashes - not that I believe in astrology or anything.
post #10 of 45 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 08:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by quacker998
Ah ha!! do you have double sliders fazer6? what make etc please tell all - I almost dropped my dr650 this afternoon my boot got locked on a bungee strap - I went ass over tit and the bike landed on top of me still it's only 320lbs......

be careful out there the18th August has some wierd planatary alignments that may cause chaos and crashes - not that I believe in astrology or anything.
Mine are LSL from SpeiglerUSA. They bolt directly to the engine, as I had not heard of this particular issue with MV's (stripping out the block, that is).
In a slide it may prove to be an issue, however today, they more than paid for themselves!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode