Black or Red Brutale "R"??? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:06 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Black or Red Brutale "R"???

Well, my "R" is here, I've never seen one in person though, only pictures. I've seen the Red, Black, and Silver 910S in person, but never the "R". My dealer who's a personal friend said he would take the Red Bodywork off a standard and put it on my "R" which is very cool, although I won't have the cool "R" decals, the bike will be Red, which in my opinion shows the beautiful Brutale lines much better?

What do y'all think that have seen both the "R" and Red "S" in person? My Dealer says the "Black R" looks better in person. I kinda find it hard to believe?

Mike~
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 06:55 PM

Why? Tank, fenders, side pieces tail, seats????

What's gonna happen when you want to sell it? Who would buy it?
Is your dealer going to put these pieces on a standard bike and try to sell it that way?

Not sure what you want to do.

John T
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 07:38 PM

Keep in mind that even though your dealer may be able to switch the bodywork, you won't get the red frame like do with the black/red 910s.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 07:39 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
did you see the bike yet?
it really isn't black
but graphite

see it in person....
the way i will in just 36 hours

"stealth"
that's the word that folks use the most often

you know how RED cars get tickets more than black ones
well maybe
just maybe
it'll work for the Brutale as well

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:33 PM
Established Member

The red frame is what the R needs but I wouldn't switch the other stuff for resale alone. I may buy a red seat or passenger seat to give it a bit more flash but that is an easy switch back. You can buy the decals if thats all you are worried about.
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 09:52 PM

I think the R in original black is fine. That nice bit of red peeking through is very stylish. If I really had to customise it, the two things that I would change on the R are the frame in red and the rims in carbon. Still stealth, but with a touch of bling. But it is a seriously mean bike the way it is.
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 11:04 PM

The Matte Black is the best Brute , but the R (esp. the Starfighter) are close seconds. The R really does look like an 1000 Senna, the two side to side look 'matched', truly a beautiful design.
Honestly, the red-tanked brutale has always been my least favorite.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 04:07 AM
Gladio R
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-17-2006, 03:37 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

Preferences are very personal. They are subjective, with no "right or wrong".

With that said, removing/replacing major original parts/equipment on a limited-production bike is not to be taken lightly.

How 'bout I buy "your" 910R instead of waiting several months for mine to arrive. You could then just buy a 910 in the color of your choice, with NO swapping stuff on/off. Red tank, red frame, etc. and several thousand $$ to mod suspension, brakes, etc.

IMHO... The Brutale 910R is PERFECT as it is!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 08-18-2006, 09:42 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Wyd Opn - I agree it is personal opinion, and that's what I was asking for....people that have seen both in person. I really didn't get what I was looking for, I got "why's", etc.

I mean you own Japanese and American motorcycles and that's your personal opinion/choice to do so. I would never buy either again in my life! I'm an engineer and have NOT seen or worked on one Japanese or American bike that is engineered well. I look at performance, style, and ENGINEERING as one and there are no better motorcycles than released by Cagiva (MV Agusta), Massimo Tamburini is a genious. I have pretty much owned everything in the past. Massimo's designs are pretty much the only ones that STAY in my stable....

Last edited by huskynox; 08-18-2006 at 01:20 PM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode