Exhaust question - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 12:12 PM Thread Starter
rfe
Established Member

Exhaust question

So I've been checking out the MV Corse exhaust systems. Some correspondence from the tech guys at MV say that the Titanium cans are louder and are more free flowing than the Stainless cans.

At $5k I'm struggling to justify the cost of the Ti system although it is aesthetically sweet.

So I was wondering if anybody out there has any experience with both as a comparison with regards to sound? Can imagine the delta in the back pressure would even be noticeable.

Any help would be appreciated.
THX
B
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 12:24 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
I have RG3's on a 750, I have a set of Moto Corse Titanium slip ons on a 750, and I have MV Corse titanium slip ons on a 1000.

I wouldn't say the titanium pipes are any louder, but they do have a different exhaust note. More raspier, less mellow.

All the titanium slip ons are worth the cost of admission in my opinion. You wouldn't believe how much lighter they are too.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 12:52 PM
FSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by rfe View Post
At $5k I'm struggling to justify the cost of the Ti system although it is aesthetically sweet.
It sounds awesome there is nothing better for F4 out there.

Here:
http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=27620
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 09:01 PM

New Site Garage
I have just put the MV Corse slip-ons on my 910R. I already had the race ECU and the mid-pipe, but for some reason the standard slip-ons were still on it (got it second hand).

Impressions?

The sound? Just amazing! Before the induction noise was always louder than the exhaust noise... now it is the other way round and just makes the bike MUCH MORE FUN to ride! It now pops and burbles on down-shifts and justs sounds absolutly wicked thru tunnels! Like someone said above, much more "raspy", more "Corse"! Its quite a bit louder.

Power? Its almost like someone changed the engine or something... it revs quicker, de-revs (is that a word) quicker and feels much more responsive, even in 6th at 180km/s, you just wind it on and... POWER. It pulls the front wheel up much quicker... and i cant believe it, but the power is more brutal. I cant wait to get it on the track!

Other things: One strange thing is that with the standard slip-ons, the mid pipe and the race ECU it over-fuelled something cronic! Give it a rev and you could see the un-burnt fuel, a lot of guys i ride with say that they can see the thing over fueling when i gave it stick... But with the race slip-ons, it dosnt do it any more. I can only guess that the race ECU is EXPECTING the slip-ons there and now that it has the full race system on, it all "fits into place"?

Anyway... get to try out the arrow thunder next week....

Cheers, Simon

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Brutale 990R LE - Number 121/500
Brutale 910R

New Zealand MV Owners Group: For more info, go to the NZMV our website
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
to join our mailing list & find us on Facebook.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 09:25 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Gee...Randarosa has the Ti system and I have the Inox system...otherwise similar 910Rs...I guess we need to put them side by side and see if there is any sound difference....I know the Ti system looks a lot prettier with its blue coloring, and weighs less for sure. Since they are both essentially the same pipes in design, just different materials, I would think they should have similar sound and performance characteristics.

If I was better off financially i would have the Ti system in a heart beat, given the choice, regardless of any sound difference.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 10:54 PM
Big Randaddy

Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Gee...Randarosa has the Ti system and I have the Inox system...otherwise similar 910Rs...I guess we need to put them side by side and see if there is any sound difference....I know the Ti system looks a lot prettier with its blue coloring, and weighs less for sure. Since they are both essentially the same pipes in design, just different materials, I would think they should have similar sound and performance characteristics.

If I was better off financially i would have the Ti system in a heart beat, given the choice, regardless of any sound difference.
Yep, check my album for pics. I remember paying about $2500 not $5000, and yes, it's pretty loud, but I really love the sound.

910R, S4RS Monster,'78 BMW R100S, Heritage Softail, Chrome V-Rod, Sportster 48, Kawasaki Concours 1400, '07 Ultra Classic with sidecar, yellow Vespa LX 150, a cool little Ruckus, and a very understanding wife........
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 06:16 AM
CAG

I just assumed that since he has a Senna in the registry, he was talking about F4 exhaust not Brutale exhaust.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 06:57 AM
Established Member

I had a Moto corse Ti system fitted to my brutale 1078,apart from the beautiful welding on the Ti pipes compared to the rough as rats finish on the stock system and the loss of the ugliest catalyzer in the world the sound is just awesome,a rasping bark is how i would describe it,not louder but more throaty.I would regularly go twenty miles out of my way just to hear it going through a tunnel(speed limit 30 mph).I decided to remove it due to ecu issues,however saving the pennies for Xbike treatment in the new year when it will be installed again
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-12-2009, 10:21 PM Thread Starter
rfe
Established Member

Sorry if it wasn't clear guys. I've got a Senna and just picked up the Brute a few months ago. I have the RG3's and the race ECU on the Senna. What a difference that made. So I was looking to fix the same deficiencies on the Brute as well as obtain a sweet exhaust note.

I've been looking at the MV Corse systems. As far as the TI sets I like the looks of the smooth tube coing out of the head as opposed to the multipke welded sections. But as I said having a hard time justifying $5k.

Thanks for all the input so far.......
B
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 06:24 AM
CAG

I don't remember their being much difference in the sound between the titanium slip ons and the race slip ons. Ben has both and Ed and Randy could compare.

However, there is no doubt that the titanium headers are gorgeous. If you can, but just the headers and use the 910R slip ons.

Face it, the only real reason to have titanium headers is because they turn pretty colors when they get hot.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode