newbie here! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-10-2009, 10:14 PM Thread Starter

newbie here!

Hello brutales,

I love the new bruale. It is like the older but better. I want to get it. I currently have a Hypermotard and I love it too. I do my own maintanence on it. How is the maintanance on the MVs are they hard to do? Does anybody here does their own maintanence? IF you don't how much do you pay?

I can't understand why the new model is heavier and less hp. How does the MVs handle against the Ducs. I like the low center of gravity on my hyper. It makes it feel lighter that what it is. Does the brutale feel heavy on the top?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-11-2009, 10:48 AM
Established Member

yabo0569: I ride an '07 Duc and a '06 Brutale s. The Brutale is race-bred: Pair the short wheelbase and firm suspension with the right profile tire and enjoy one of the quickest steering bikes I've experienced. Top heavy?: Not for a second! Comparing the Hyper and Brutale (both great bikes) is apples and oranges: Different breed of cat.

post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 02:50 PM Thread Starter

I can't believe it nobody reply to my simply questions but just one person after almost 90 viewers. I'm dissapointed at this forum. I guess I havet to go to the dealer and find out on my own.

Thanks bootworks, I least you answer me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 03:35 PM

i am not living in the US, so i cant give you any numbers on the
service cost. but in general, a MV is not the cheapest to maintain ---
but comparable to a duc. in the end, it depends on your local dealer.
but most important: once you have ridden the brutale, you probably
are too addicted to worry about the service cost ----- just enjoy the fun
riding the bike.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 04:10 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
You will find the MV is much easier to maintain then your Ducati...and contrary to what some think, no more costly then a Japanese sport bike, unless you break it. Routine service parts are not at all expensive. Some of the cosmetic body parts are. Parts supply is vastly improved since pre-Harley buy-out days.

Welcome to the family.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 05:44 PM

Welcome!

Why don't you ride one, and decide for yourself? The Brutale is a world-class machine, with zero performance flaws--You just have to decide if you like how it performs for you.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 08:22 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo0569 View Post
I can't believe it nobody reply to my simply questions but just one person after almost 90 viewers. I'm dissapointed at this forum. I guess I havet to go to the dealer and find out on my own.

Thanks bootworks, I least you answer me.
Hi there
I have had Ducati,s and my last bike defore MV Brutale 910s was a MT-01 Yamaha vtwin. If you are a big fan of V twin power delivery you will find the MV quite a diffrent animal, the smooth power coming out of a corner in any gear on a vtwin is not the same on the Brut you need to on the ball a little more with gear selection and when you hit the main power delivery area above 7000 rpm hang on then brake as the next corner comes up prety fast. But when you get used to it it is one of the best bikes you will ever ride. In Australia the Brutale is cheaper than the Ducati 2 valve or 4 valve to service but is a little more than a Jap bike to service. But it is quite easy to do a lot of the servicing yourself depending on experiance and tools there are a few special tools
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-13-2009, 11:02 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys that is the input that I was looking for.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-14-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lorne910 View Post
In Australia the Brutale is cheaper than the Ducati 2 valve or 4 valve to service but is a little more than a Jap bike to service. But it is quite easy to do a lot of the servicing yourself depending on experiance and tools there are a few special tools
Same as in the US

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 12-18-2009, 04:31 PM

I am sure I will get heat over this, but here is my $.02! First I am not a mechanic, but I do do some minor maintenances and keep my 910S very clean! Most people and manufactures would like for you to believe that their products are unique and special. In this case the Brutale, yes they are very special. However if you worked on an inline-four, this shouldn't be too difficult for you. I don't do the maintenance myself, but John Nichols(well known mechanic in bayarea) does and that is what he told me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yabo0569 View Post
Hello brutales,

I love the new bruale. It is like the older but better. I want to get it. I currently have a Hypermotard and I love it too. I do my own maintanence on it. How is the maintanance on the MVs are they hard to do? Does anybody here does their own maintanence? IF you don't how much do you pay?

I can't understand why the new model is heavier and less hp. How does the MVs handle against the Ducs. I like the low center of gravity on my hyper. It makes it feel lighter that what it is. Does the brutale feel heavy on the top?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode