just bought 06 f4 750s brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:45 AM Thread Starter
just bought 06 f4 750s brutale

bought the brutale about six weeks ago just wondering if any one else hits a false neutral between fifth and sixth and when i should get valve clearances checked and is the cam chain tensioner adjustable it has 18600 klms on the clock and seems to run really well but just want to do the right thing as it is an awsome bike to ride any advice would be appreciated
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 04:15 PM

Don't know - but welcome (draws deep breath).
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 04:34 PM

Did you get an owners manual with the bike? There's a chart that indicates when every service and service type should be done. It's near the front.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 05:35 PM
Banned

is the ?f4 750 brutale called a f4 750 brutale or just a Brutale 750?

if the valve clearances have not been already checked in previous service YES get them checked, this should have been done at last service
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-07-2009, 06:22 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Congrats on your new bike....if you are short shifting into 6th (which you will be if you are going less than about 100 mph) then you may find the engagement dogs are very closely matched from 5th to 6th. If the shafts are not spinning pretty fast the dogs may be a bit slow to align when you shift, requiring a firm pull on the lever and maintaining pressure for just a micro second while the dogs all line up and the gear slides over.

You can experience this on many sport bikes....some more so then others and even differences with 2 of the same bikes...it's all random as a result of the basic constant mesh transmission design and the specifics of the gear ratios and engagement dog/slot relationships and size.

Get some tech at a shop that has an engine apart on his bench to show you how the transmission works...pretty much any brand, any model. Then you will understand.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 03:22 AM Thread Starter

hi all thanks for the advice great website by the way it has been very helpful reading all the different posts on maintenence and parts.
i am new to owning an mv agusta and happened across this one while looking for a triumph by chance so please excuse me for my limited knowledge on maintenence and servicing.
i live in brisbane and everyone i seem to talk to either doesnt know much about them or quotes me prices i would need to take a second mortgage.
on my rego papers it is worded f4 750 brutale if this is right i do not know.
i do know though that after riding it for the last six weeks it is addictive
to ride and i can never seem to get to work on time.
the girlfreinds pissed the guys at work are pissed and i cant stop grinning.
thanks again
scott
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 09:14 AM

I didn't realize they made a '06 750???

Bike History:
'88 Ninja 250 > '92 GSXR-600 > '01 YZF-R1 > '06 Brutale + '07 Customized VTX-1300
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 12-08-2009, 01:25 PM

As far as I know the tensioner is not adjustable... stiffer spring maybe? Why are you wanting to adjust it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode