What Made You Purchase Brutale - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

What Made You Purchase Brutale

To all members,

I have been riding Japanese 4 cylinder 1000 cc bikes for some 9 years.
I am interested in hearing firstly,

1. Those members who also had JAP sportbikes and made the cross over to a Brutale. WHY ?

2. Are you happy with your decision, any regrets.

I must say that my love has always been for going fast ( not interested in straight line stuff ) and attacking corners. I guess I'm looking for a bike with more character and I have read nothing but great reviews about the Brutales.

Does anyone want to answer the questions as posed above
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-26-2009, 10:35 PM

Because when I get home from an enjoyable balls-out ride I like to look at the bike as well.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 12:06 AM
Cyber SPOTTER

Quote:
Originally Posted by rents View Post
Because when I get home from an enjoyable balls-out ride I like to look at the bike as well.
Beautifully put, a true wordsmith

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
MVA - Maserati Vespa
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Agusta
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 09:35 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by rents View Post

What he said....not to mention very easy to work on, don't see yourself everywhere you go.....oh, and did I mention how good looking it is??

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 01:07 PM
Established Member

There was a second hand one for sale at dealers about 40 miles from me. I had never seen a Brutale before so I went to take a look. I had no intention of buying it, as it wasn’t really my kind of bike, not into all this super high speed, hanging off with the knee down stuff.

I’ve had the same Ducati 900 SS for 12 years and although I’ve tried many bikes most of which are must faster, better handling and more recently much easier to ride I never really found anything I like as much as the old Ducati, just like a loving wife. In fact the Duc has been with my longer than my wife was lol. So as you can tell I’m not an impulse buyer and being the wrong side of 50 now I thought the Ducati was the last bike I would ever buy.

As soon as I laid eyes on the Brutale I fell in love with the style, the looks, the detail, it was perfection from every angle. The salesman offered me a test ride but despite the looks I declined, as I said I had no intention of buying. I was back 2 days later with my riding gear. When I fist sat on it I hated it after so many years on the Duc it felt like I was sitting so high and so far forward I was on top of the front wheel. After a couple of miles it simply felt perfect. The acceleration, the agility and the noise, god the noise, I tell you take one of these things out and get it singing up around the 12000 rpm and you will buy it just for that. Well 2 days later the 910R was in my garage.

Sorry I’m probably not the right person to ask as I‘m totally different rider to you but you did ask why.

Regrets

At the age I am I had just got to the point were I owed no one anything, my house, car and bike were all paid for I could even pay of my credit card in full at the end of the month lol. Now I’m in dept again for a couple of years. But that’s a small price to pay for owning a MV and at the end of the day your only middle aged once.

like an ageing wife, I feel sorry for my poor old Duc who no longer gets ridden as much as a young mistress.

Its to bloody fast I would love to get it screaming at 12 thou through the gears, but even in 3rd its way to quick at those sort of revs for me.

There are not enough hours in the day to sit and look at it.

Last edited by harryweld; 11-27-2009 at 01:11 PM.
post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 01:40 PM
Established Member

I haven't posted any thing in a while so here goes. I have been on very fast bikes and really slow ones. What drew me to the Brutale was its stunning looks. Not that it was faster or slower than your typical crotch rocket. What it did have was more character. Learning to ride it was fun. Dealing with the stalling issues was not. Nor was dealing with my selling Dealer dropping the product line and hanging me out to dry. Whats more troubling is the fact that MV Agusta is up for sale again! I'm not trying to sound pessimistic but it don't look good. It may be hard to find buyers for used machines as well as new. I still love my bike and it still makes me smile. It was worth every penny!
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 02:46 PM

Got rid of my jap bikes and got the F4 1000.............so beatiful

Shoulder injury meant not easy to ride and the local roads not really suited

Now I have 1 of 100 Brutale that looks and rides fantastic, much more road orientated and I was really surprised how good it was will a pillion on board...for both of us..............

Brit Biker with Triumphs and a love of Italians.
138 You are my best friend too.

post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 03:29 PM

I have ridden sportbikes for over 30 years and 300,000 plus miles in the US and Europe. My last bike before the Brutale was an 04 Yamaha R1 which I rode on the street and the track. I got the Brutale because of the looks, uniqueness and the quality components and also to slow me down on the street. The liter bikes( have ridden all of them to include the F4) are just too easy to go fast on and get you in trouble with the law. The Brutale will tell you that you are getting up there due to not having a fairing and it tends to reign you in. You do not sacrifice any handling or braking prowess on a Brutale to any sportbike made by anybody and that is why I ride motorcycles. I find the Brutale to be the best bike I have ridden in the mountains due to the fact that you have the leverage of the regular handlebar as opposed to the sportbike clipons. It is not diluted in anyway like some manufacturers do their naked bike compared to their sportbike. You do have a little bit less topend power compared to the F4 but in the US that only gets you in the pattywagon anyway.
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 03:40 PM

If you have to ask ...

My Brutale =
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 11-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Established Member

First you fall in love, then you rationalize it. Just look at it! It rides and feels like nothing else. When you work on it, you take off a layer only to discover another, more beautiful layer. There's ordinary, then there's is extraordinary...Someone was obsessed with perfection when they designed and built these MV Agustas. Riding them they demand from you a high level of focus: The Brutale is like a laser. Like a mistress, you want to dress her in 'jewels and furs', she can be moody and demanding and everyone secretly wishes they could ride her. First you fall in love, then you rationalize...

Last edited by Bootworks; 11-30-2009 at 10:57 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode