Took my Brutale to Sturgis - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:03 PM Thread Starter

Took my Brutale to Sturgis

I spent the weekend at the Sturgis SD motorcycle rally. I thought I would be the only Brutale there, but I did see another woman on what looked like a 750. The bike was definitely unique -- turned a lot of heads. Got lots of questions about my bike. Most people never heard of MV Agusta; granted this is a Harley crowd. I think the folks at MV owe me for word of mouth advertising.

There were other sportbikes at Sturgis, which was a nice surprise. The roads in the Black Hills of South Dakota are great for sportbikes. Sweeping twisties in the mountains, and long, fast, cop-free straightaways through the rest of the state.

The Brutale is more comfortable on long road trips than my sportbike. I wasn't affected by the high winds as my friend who was riding a Ninja 1400. Going 100 mph felt pretty comfortable. At 145 mph, tho, I felt like I was going to fly off the bike.

I'd go to Sturgis again. It's turned into a rally for everyone.

Cheers!
Cindy
06 Brutale 910
04 Aprilia RSV 1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:22 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
hmmmm
i'm glad to hear that you had a good time
i've always wanted to go.... but listening to 200,000 straight pipe doesn't really maike me excited

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 10:32 PM

Very impressive, going to Sturgis on an MV! Not sure you'd win a lot of converts to MV among the Harley-Sturgis crowd, but hats off to you for doing the trip. And the Black Hills are fabulous......
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:08 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
fantastic.... did you take any pictures of you and the bike there?

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 11:24 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by CynthiaM
I spent the weekend at the Sturgis SD motorcycle rally. I thought I would be the only Brutale there, but I did see another woman on what looked like a 750. The bike was definitely unique -- turned a lot of heads. Got lots of questions about my bike. Most people never heard of MV Agusta; granted this is a Harley crowd. I think the folks at MV owe me for word of mouth advertising.

There were other sportbikes at Sturgis, which was a nice surprise. The roads in the Black Hills of South Dakota are great for sportbikes. Sweeping twisties in the mountains, and long, fast, cop-free straightaways through the rest of the state.

The Brutale is more comfortable on long road trips than my sportbike. I wasn't affected by the high winds as my friend who was riding a Ninja 1400. Going 100 mph felt pretty comfortable. At 145 mph, tho, I felt like I was going to fly off the bike.

I'd go to Sturgis again. It's turned into a rally for everyone.

Cheers!
Cindy
06 Brutale 910
04 Aprilia RSV 1000
Cindy...

YOU ROCK!!!!
As a multiple Harley owner (see signature), I absolutely love that you "crashed" Sturgis with the Brute! Sounds like they treated you okay, too. Generally, many H-Ders have a hard time spelling "MV".

Your 1400 Ninja friend also has great taste. Just got mine and it is the SCHIZZLE! (For you, Madman!)

I love 'em all, but MVs rule! Oh... and especially WOMEN on MVs!!

...Blake

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by VELTRO 1; 08-15-2006 at 02:47 AM.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:25 AM
Not very lucky..

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN
Just got mine and it is the SCHIZZLE! (For you, Darkside!)
........ ...........
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 02:43 AM
Formerly WYD OPN

Quote:
Originally Posted by WYD OPN
Just got mine and it is the SCHIZZLE! (For you, Darkside!)
Sorry, Dark!

I have taken my meds and will edit the above post to include the appropriate screen name for whom the lame humor was intended. Please proceed with whatever you were doing prior to this awkward intrusion into your life.

... WYD

BTW - I am NOT schizophrenic... Neither am I... Well, I'M sure not... Hey, who are ya'll talkin' to...

post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:04 AM
Not very lucky..

No worries.........I knew it wasn't for me and I'm sure MADMAN knows that it was for him(I miss him....where did he go? oh yea, ya gotta whisper madman now) .........no one ever wants to be my friend ................. I thought we were friends ...............................damn, I think it's time for my meds too

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode