910S First ride impressions. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 02:36 PM Thread Starter

Thumbs up 910S First ride impressions.

Finally got the insurance sorted out for the bike and took a 300 mile Texas Hill Country ride this last Saturday. Keep in mind this was one way in 80 degree temp and return in close to 102F Texas summer heat and this bike had 28 miles on the clock when i took her out.

Rough running for the first 50 miles- expected, but got progressively looser and smoother with more miles.

Seemed to be geared real low compared to my Mille, kept looking for one more upshift. (Anyone else change their sprockets?)

Can't see out of the mirrors over 5K rpm. Hands and right arm went to sleep after 50 miles. Did not get much better on the return trip after nearly 250 miles on the clock. The vibration actually got quite unbearable and forced me to clutch and coast once in a while to allow my right arm to wake up. Engine did get smoother though and pulled through the rpm range so much faster. (anyone have thoughts about aftermarket heavier barends? Thinking about asking Motovation if they can make a set for me to test. Theirs work really, really on the gixxers and yammys)

THe skinny seat put my 50 yr old butt to sleep as well (and I thought the Mille's seat had little padding!).

No overheating issues. Average running temp 173F at ambient 92F. Fan came on at abt 190F(?) and temp ran up to 205 real quick when stopped at stoplights. Did not feel much engine heat radiating to legs but did feel really, really hot on the right inner heel of my boot where it came close to pipes. Had to ride with right heel out like those race boys.

Gobs and gobs of torque! OMG!!! She pulled power wheelies on gears 1, 2 and 3 so easily when you wind it on. (anyone notice that the tach has the whole rpm range in red?) Even Micah at AF1 racing or apriliaforum.com fame, who powertunes Aprilias in New Braunfels had an ear to ear grin after taking her out for a spin.

Sound is awesome with the intake roar noticably invigorating! (I want a mid pipe!!)

Not as much wind blast as I thought would be the case with a naked bike.

Approximately 130 miles to 4 gallons of gas, before the fuel warning light comes on.

One thing for sure she got a lot a lot of attention. Looking forward to cooler weather and longer rides!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 03:47 PM

I usually don't pay attention to the tach, but there is a rev limiter. I must of hit it several times, and there is a red light that goes on on the right side of the dash. I think it hits at 13K rpm, but I could be wrong since I just noticed the light and quickly upshifted. I was having that much fun.
post #3 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kilat
Finally got the insurance sorted out for the bike and took a 300 mile Texas Hill Country ride this last Saturday. Keep in mind this was one way in 80 degree temp and return in close to 102F Texas summer heat and this bike had 28 miles on the clock when i took her out.

Rough running for the first 50 miles- expected, but got progressively looser and smoother with more miles.

Seemed to be geared real low compared to my Mille, kept looking for one more upshift. (Anyone else change their sprockets?)

Can't see out of the mirrors over 5K rpm. Hands and right arm went to sleep after 50 miles. Did not get much better on the return trip after nearly 250 miles on the clock. The vibration actually got quite unbearable and forced me to clutch and coast once in a while to allow my right arm to wake up. Engine did get smoother though and pulled through the rpm range so much faster. (anyone have thoughts about aftermarket heavier barends? Thinking about asking Motovation if they can make a set for me to test. Theirs work really, really on the gixxers and yammys)

THe skinny seat put my 50 yr old butt to sleep as well (and I thought the Mille's seat had little padding!).

No overheating issues. Average running temp 173F at ambient 92F. Fan came on at abt 190F(?) and temp ran up to 205 real quick when stopped at stoplights. Did not feel much engine heat radiating to legs but did feel really, really hot on the right inner heel of my boot where it came close to pipes. Had to ride with right heel out like those race boys.

Gobs and gobs of torque! OMG!!! She pulled power wheelies on gears 1, 2 and 3 so easily when you wind it on. (anyone notice that the tach has the whole rpm range in red?) Even Micah at AF1 racing or apriliaforum.com fame, who powertunes Aprilias in New Braunfels had an ear to ear grin after taking her out for a spin.

Sound is awesome with the intake roar noticably invigorating! (I want a mid pipe!!)

Approximately 130 miles to 4 gallons of gas, before the fuel warning light comes on.

One thing for sure she got a lot a lot of attention. Looking forward to cooler weather and longer rides!
Welcome to the forum. There are a few of us MV owners here in Texas. I go between Houston and Austin a lot. Hope to see you around sometime. BTW, I have the 910S in red and silver. Which color scheme to you have? The bike will continue to get looser and rev more freely. Highly recommed you get the midpipe, it will change everything for the better.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 04:48 PM Thread Starter

Hey lorenzotx. Thanks for the welcome. I have the black/red one. Which midpipe did you get? I know Arrow has one but I think it only works with their pipes.
post #5 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 05:56 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
thanks for the write up, congrats on the bike!!

nioc avatar, it that your dog?

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-14-2006, 06:10 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilat

very nice write-up
welcome to the forum
not happy to hear about your NUMBNESS.....

anyone else have something to say about that?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #7 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 09:50 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by odonata
thanks for the write up, congrats on the bike!!

nioc avatar, it that your dog?
Yes that's my dog. It's a dogo.

I think I may have a solution for the numbness. But will wait till the bike is more broken in before I implement it and post results.

Anyone know what the stock number of teeth on the front and rear sprockets for the 910? Thinking I might go up on the front to make hwy riding a bit more comfortable. The bike certainly has enough grunt to handle it. Maybe fewer power wheelies as a possible side effect.
post #8 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 10:07 AM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12
very nice write-up
welcome to the forum
not happy to hear about your NUMBNESS.....

anyone else have something to say about that?
yes, i think it is also true. Bars get very vibey, after a couple hours it numbs the hands a bit. I guess you sorta get used to it. I'd rather be on the Brutale than the F4 for a long day ride....

I'm toying with maybe some bar-ends. dunno though. Moto Corse has these fancy Titanium ones. Which is sorta counter-intuitive to me, but I'll think about it a little.
post #9 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-15-2006, 12:05 PM
Established Member

When I first got my '03 R6 I had the problem with my throttle hand going numb, but after reading and talking to other riders I realized I was gripping the throttle too hard. Once I relaxed my death grip on it, the numbness went away. I hadn't even really noticed it on my Brutale until reading this thread and feeling for it. It's definitely more buzzy than my 996 was when I think about it, but it's been a couple years since my R6 so can't make a comparison there.
post #10 of 15 (permalink) Old 08-16-2006, 03:46 PM Thread Starter

Does anyone know if the Arrow mid pipe will fit the stock exhaust and headers?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode