Motorcyclist Sept, 06 gives the S4RS "naked bike of the year" - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 03:39 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Motorcyclist Sept, 06 gives the S4RS "naked bike of the year"

give me a freakin' break
horrible ergonomics
mini gas tank
ugly bike...

and it gets naked BOTY over the Brutale

have they ever ridden a brutale?

ok......
i'm off my soapbox

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:39 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
They must have forgotten about the Brute, or got paid by Ducati. If you read thier review of teh Brutale, they absolutely loved it, both the 750 and 910. If I remember right, they said the thing was like the funnest bike they've ever been on and thier only complaint was the front end was too stiff on bumpy roads... I KNOW FOR A FACT they'de think differently if they rode an R...

US mags are stupid anyways....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:42 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
They must have forgotten about the Brute, or got paid by Ducati. If you read thier review of teh Brutale, they absolutely loved it, both the 750 and 910. If I remember right, they said the thing was like the funnest bike they've ever been on and thier only complaint was the front end was too stiff on bumpy roads... I KNOW FOR A FACT they'de think differently if they rode an R...

US mags are stupid anyways....
yes,
the US mags ARE stupid
nonetheless..... to pick the S4RS over the Brutale 910 would be seen as ridiculous to any impartial jury

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:56 PM
Established Member

Just like all the car mags I get its all about the ad revenue and the use of test vehicles that sway results. Ferrari and Porsche are notorious for winning comparos with points in bogus categories like "got to have it factor". Now I just look at the pics and read the tech data!
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 04:57 PM

I haven't picked up the mag.... but which bikes did they include for the test?

Price prolly has a lot to do with it! I'm not fond of the S4RS myself(former owner of S4R), but for the money, you do get a lot a goodies! I still wouldn't buy it however!

910R is still the baddest boy in all the land.....
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

this was their famous "Best of 2006" issue...
in "Best Naked Bike"..... the winner was
Ducati Monster S4Rs

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 05:57 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

that's on page 51 of the September issue, by the way

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 07:34 PM

Motorcyclist Magazine is probably one of the weakest bike mags. When you look at the overall quality of infomation there is really not much to offer. You could pick up any British Bike mag published in the last 30 days and there will be a mention of a MV Agusta, whether it be the new F41000R or the Brutale. The Brits understand sportbikes and generally love the MV in all its forms. Motorcyclist magazine did not mention the Brutale even as an also ran. Those guys are a bunch of paid off putzes. Just my HO.
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-07-2006, 07:45 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lorenzotx
Motorcyclist magazine did not mention the Brutale even as an also ran. Those guys are a bunch of paid off putzes. Just my HO.
i couldn't agree more
and anyone who's ever doubted your comments need only see THIS as an example of the truth

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2006, 02:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12
give me a freakin' break
horrible ergonomics
mini gas tank
ugly bike...

and it gets naked BOTY over the Brutale

have they ever ridden a brutale?

ok......
i'm off my soapbox
FWIW, the BOTY decission is mostly made by Boehhm...with some input from the other staffers (especially in the years since Cook left his post). He's a big dude and the Brutale is NOT a big dude's bike, so probably isn't as much fun for a big dude to ride. Further, BOTY tends to be awarded to bikes which have significantly advanced over previous offerings AND are easily available to the general public. The 910 makes very few changes outside of displacement and is NOT widely available. It is a niche bike, and was thus probably never even in the running.

To top it all off I suspect MV was not very cooperative about providing a bike or letting it sit in the garage for very long.

Just my humble opinion.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode