I have been assimilated... - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 08:46 PM Thread Starter

I have been assimilated...

I found this forum while doing research on a new bike. I was looking for my first sportbike. I'm a newbie rider and I've only been licensed since last May (BRC and ERC, with Rider Coach app pending), but in that time I acquired a Suzi DRZ-200 to practice, then a BMW F650GS which is fun on dirt and street. After one year and 23k+ miles on the GS, I've been longing for a street bike. As a 5'2" female with a 27" inseam, there aren't a lot of options. Another Beemer would have been too big, and nothing else really got my attention except maybe a Duc.

I started at this forum responding to the thread, "Where are the women" and got lots of great advice and information from your forum. Thanks so much - you completely influenced my decision, or at least reinforced my choice. One of the members suggested that I start a new thread, so here it is.

After narrowing it down to a Monster or Brutale, I test rode both bikes today. Wow! I thought the BMW was a great bike but it's a brute - shifts and brakes like semi compared to these bikes. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big BMW fan, but the Duc was a whole new experience. It shifted like butter, accelerated as though it were in flight, and carved corners like a dream. Smooooooth.

Then I rode the Brutale. Holy crap. This has all the fun of a Ducati plus the personality of a feisty red head. This little bike wants to be rode hard and put away wet. Although I test rode the 910, I bought the bike that originally caught my eye: the 2005 silver/red 750. She'll be ready for pickup next Tuesday, and the space in the garage is cleared - right next to the BMW and Suzi. Can't wait to bring it home.
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 08:53 PM

Arizona? So, would that be Renaissance Motorcycles?

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 08-05-2006 at 09:58 PM.
post #3 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 08:56 PM

I'm married to a fiesty redhead, and now that I have the brute...well, that makes me a very lucky sob.

Welcome, and that's a really droolworthy pic.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloyllo
I found this forum while doing research on a new bike. I was looking for my first sportbike. I'm a newbie rider and I've only been licensed since last May (BRC and ERC, with Rider Coach app pending), but in that time I acquired a Suzi DRZ-200 to practice, then a BMW F650GS which is fun on dirt and street. After one year and 23k+ miles on the GS, I've been longing for a street bike. As a 5'2" female with a 27" inseam, there aren't a lot of options. Another Beemer would have been too big, and nothing else really got my attention except maybe a Duc.

I started at this forum responding to the thread, "Where are the women" and got lots of great advice and information from your forum. Thanks so much - you completely influenced my decision, or at least reinforced my choice. One of the members suggested that I start a new thread, so here it is.

After narrowing it down to a Monster or Brutale, I test rode both bikes today. Wow! I thought the BMW was a great bike but it's a brute - shifts and brakes like semi compared to these bikes. Don't get me wrong, I'm still a big BMW fan, but the Duc was a whole new experience. It shifted like butter, accelerated as though it were in flight, and carved corners like a dream. Smooooooth.

Then I rode the Brutale. Holy crap. This has all the fun of a Ducati plus the personality of a feisty red head. This little bike wants to be rode hard and put away wet. Although I test rode the 910, I bought the bike that originally caught my eye: the 2005 silver/red 750. She'll be ready for pickup next Tuesday, and the space in the garage is cleared - right next to the BMW and Suzi. Can't wait to bring it home.
Excellent choice and welcome. Congrats

08 BMW HP2 Sport
10 MV 1090RR
86 BMW R80 G/S
47 Indian Chief
73 Norton Commando Cafe Racer
70 BMW R50/5
70 Triumph T100C
68 BMW R60/2
80 Vespa PX 125
Derringer Indian Board Track Replica
post #5 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
excellent
i'm glad you started your OWN thread....
because, you deserve it

congrats again
i hope that you will show us a lot of pictures and relate to us your experiences on this amazing bike

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #6 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:03 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
fantastic write up, CONGRATS, and welcome! watch out for admin's stick poke for registry submission of your new love.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:17 PM Thread Starter

I bought the bike at

http://www.euromotorsportsllc.com
post #8 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mloyllo
aWHAATT!!!! There's an Ducati/MV dealer in Scottsdale?!!!!!! I've only moved from Phoenix four months ago!

Okay. I'm going to have to stop by there next time I'm in town. They are a MV dealership, right? I checked MV's site and they're listed as a dealer....but then again, I'm not surprised.

That's great! It's a wonder alternative to AZSBK (I had a fall out with them) or traveling 90 miles to Tucson. Thanks for letting me know!

BTW, do they have any F4s in stock? I've sent them an e-mail but probably won't here from them till Tuesday.

Last edited by Allan Gibbs; 08-05-2006 at 09:42 PM.
post #9 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 10:06 PM Thread Starter

YES! The formal opening of the Ducati shop is this weekend, and yes, they carry MVs too. I bought the 2nd MV from them and they haven't even formally opened yet. You might want to tell them how you found out about them. And yes, there are a few F4s. Don't remember how many and what color as I was blinded by my own desires. Tell them Michelle sent you.

Don't know if you knew this but AZSBK moved to a new location near Victory BMW. I pop in now and then but Scottsdale is a better location for me.
post #10 of 57 (permalink) Old 08-05-2006, 10:24 PM
Formerly WYD OPN

mloyllo-

Welcome to you and your bike(s)!! Great choice, especially for someone who hasn't been longing for an MV for years.

I think we should take DNA samples from you and the other ladies represented on this sight and genetically engineer the next generation of women riders.

I'm also envious of your 11-month annual riding season. Thanx for being here.

-WYD OPN

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode