Carbon fiber - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Carbon fiber

Where are the best places to get carbon fiber parts besides the dealer? Anyone have a place that has great quality pieces at a good price?

Thanks,

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice it
Where are the best places to get carbon fiber parts besides the dealer? Anyone have a place that has great quality pieces at a good price?

Thanks,

Jeff
Try emotouk, I have just ordered some parts from them and the communication and service has been second to none. I have been dealing with Geoff and retail stores in Australia could learn a lot from this bloke. I have ordered the rear hugger (carbon) and the Rizoma Logic Mirrors, they will be sent out to me on Wednesday. There is a link at the top of this web page that will take you to the store.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks. I also did a search and got some good leads. I also read that you guys are getting decent discounts for the original stuff, what dealer gives the best discounts?

Thanks again.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice it
Thanks. I also did a search and got some good leads. I also read that you guys are getting decent discounts for the original stuff, what dealer gives the best discounts?

Thanks again.
Not sure about discounts but I am sure the guys at emotouk will look after you.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-31-2006, 09:41 PM

I'll third emotouk. Thats where I plan on getting my air duts in the next few weeks. They have an excellent reputation, and from what I understand, the carbon is excellent quality. I think the general consensus is that you can get carbon from emotouk that is 95% of the quality of the MV stuff, but at 40% the price.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 03:35 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

How much carbon fiber do you guys think is too much? I have been going through the emoto site and since it is hard to tell how it will all look together, I was wondering what you guys would think was too much. What would be the must have pieces and what would be the ones you would avoid? I know this is subjective but I know many here have seen all this on a bike and I haven't. Thanks for the input!
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 04:32 PM

I plan on replacing everything on my F4 that is that ugly black plastic with the "fake carbon" imprint.

I think anything more than that, and a rear hugger, is tacky. Opinions differ though. I'm just not the kind of guy who wants a CF top triple cover, and CF gauge stickers. Just not my style, but to each their own.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 08-03-2006, 06:53 PM

I have ordered the rear hugger but would only go as far as the radiator sides if the silver ones deteriorated. Other than that I would go for the carbon screen if I decide I need it later.

That would be about it for me I think.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode