MV Agusta Forum banner

What's the longest you've ridden on a Brutale?

4K views 17 replies 16 participants last post by  Torchsport 
#1 · (Edited)
Yesterday I racked up 9 hours and 359 miles on my '04 750S around some of the best twisty roads south Texas has to offer aka the 3 twisted sisters. I was impressed, the bike just wanted more and more and I was only too willing to "give it the beans" as much as possible. :grin2:

Maybe I was having too much fun but I never felt worn out until the last few stop lights near the house at which point I could feel my neck, between my shoulder blades start to hurt. I stopped only for gas, pissing and re-hydrating.

So I'm curious what has been the most miles or hours anyone has thrashed around on a Brutale?

On a technical note, is it common to wear a rear tire out in the center from continuously aggressive riding for so long? How well can the MV engines take a proper thrashing for the better part of 9 hours (because it seems mine loved it)?

See less See more
#2 ·
Can't say I have ridden that many hours in a row, but I have done quite a few 300+ mile days on my Brutale.

You must have been in very twisty roads because your average speed was only 40 miles per hour.

What kind of tires do you have on her? My rear tire generally lasts a lot longer than that..... and your engine will happily run like that for days on end, have no fear of damage. Just service as needed.

#8 · (Edited)
You must have been in very twisty roads because your average speed was only 40 miles per hour.

What kind of tires do you have on her? My rear tire generally lasts a lot longer than that..... and your engine will happily run like that for days on end, have no fear of damage. Just service as needed.
Yeah those roads are amazing. I figured about 40 mph avg on the twistys and 70-90 mph on the way to and from, so I'm not sure why my overall avg speed was so low, especially since 4-5 hrs was spent getting out there and back. Not to mention I tried my best a few times to...you know see how strong the wind is at certain speeds :D Although I did have the additional slow down when a Borne police officer felt my license plate was obstructed, which I now get to discuss further with the judge. :rolleyes:

I run the Continental Conti Sport Attack tires at 34 psi f&r. I realize when these words are in the marketing: "The Conti Sport Attack supersports street tires are also at home on the race track" they probably won't be the longest wearing tire but I've been happy with the wear over the last 1.5 years.

It just seems after my ride, the center wear indicators are nearly showing. There is not a pronounced "flat" profile at the center so at this time I don't see any real reason to replace them. The front still looks brand new, so I was thinking that maybe the numerous aggressive throttle twists increased the rear's center (heat) wear more than merely the number of miles traveled.

#4 ·
Yes, the sisters are amazing. Hmm, my longest ride, so far, on my Dragster RR is around five hours: up to Brenham area from Sugar Land, with exploring around Breham the various FTM roads with curves and topography. Filled tank twice, so that means around 250 miles. I would give a lot to transport my MV to my home of Durango, CO come June. Enjoy!

#7 ·
I have done 425 miles in just over 10 hours which was the longest leg of a 4 day 1450 mile tour around Scotland. A lot of the roads were single track but the scenery absolutely stunning.
Struggled a little bit with aches and tiredness, have a Turismo for tours now which is all day comfortable but the Brutale is still used for days out of up to 350 miles

#9 ·
About the longest in one continuous ride apart from fuel stops/hydration was from Adelaide to Philip Island MotoGP. Took about 13hrs and about 1,100kms. I wore cycling gel padded nicks under my riding pants and apart from general tiredness but real discomfort. I've done other similarly long trips and, apart from the gel nicks, I try to always maintain good posture with core support. When I start slouching in the saddle I get grief.

Re tyres, I've had 2 sets of Metzeler Tourance Next tyres for weekend warrior 'spirited' riding and few longer tours and have gotten around 14,000kms. I don't do heavy breaking and use a lot of engine braking

cheers

#13 ·
done around 550miles in a day when I 1st got it to run in the engine, it was okish and certainly fun. I usually do at least 2 petrol stops per trip and the lady takes on average one filling per 100miles so that brings me to around 300miles per trip. The seat is not the most comfortable one, however compared to the Husky and Duc masterclass ;-)

cheers

mjv

#15 ·
I’ve only done 280 miles in about six hours. The last 2 hours were painful, legs cramped up. On my FJR, I’ve done 680 miles in 11 hours, and 2800 mile trips over 5 days, without as much pain. Brutale is a local “canyon” bike for me now.

#16 ·
BCN or bust

...The last 2 hours were painful, legs cramped up...
Dredged this trip from my short legs trepistoni Brutale days.

Garmin logged 9hours and half of riding for 10 hours 59 total on this trip

Most fun trip I had, ever.

'twas february, at night,
a fairly nasty strong storm was blowing, full port tack for the last 240 miles!
Here a good storm lashes with hard gusts of wind and very horizontal rain.

Same trips on the Turislow last a lot of a lot longer
fighting sleep on the senatorial catafalque being the very hardest part.

Trip attempted with the Dragster was at first more fun than on the Brutale.

Until the rear tire splashed water in the back of the helmet.
Then the tide from the twin holes under the seat reaches the connectors,
seeping and sloshing into the rear light,
:surprise: killed half of it.

Stopping the trip.
Driving, at night, with half or no backlight, iffy at best.

#17 ·
I used to do the San Francisco to San Diego run a couple times a month. If you want to go quickly (~6.5 hours of tumbleweeds) you took the 5. If you wanted to go scenic (9+ hours of coastline) you took the 1. And lastly, the 101 gave you a little of both to mix things up. Roughly 575 miles no matter how you cut it.

Lots of people put on cushy seats or balk about the position, but I personally love doing distance on the Brutale. You can sit up or lay down on it depending on the road and your mood. Strongly recommend a good tank bag to give that added relief when in long straights, and it’s also where I run USB power from!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.