MV Agusta Forum banner

Brutale 920 questions

4K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  essjay 
#1 ·
Hey all , well I had an Brutale 750 2004 model that I sold earlier this year to fund my two enduro to supermoto conversions. In the upoming months Ill be shopping for a new used naked bike and well after owning a Brutale the list of possible bikes is suddenly very narrowed down. Up until very recently I didnt know the 920 model existed, seems there is also not a lot of info about it anywhere, seen a couple threads about it here but havent seen the info I wanted. So basically my questions are whether the bike is of the same quality regarding the suspension,brakes and well,overall build quality as the 750/910 models? I actually wanted to get another 750 because it was such an incredibly fun bike to ride and the only bike aside from my aprilia rxv where the sound of the engine made every ride a dopamine inducing private concert.
Actually what pulls me toward the 920 is the single seat which seems a lot more comfortable for the pillion and my girlfriend loves riding so Im interested in 2 up riding experiences especially. Havent ridden a 910 either so a question for people that owned both the 750 and 910 is regarding the sound, I know that both engines have the radial valve system but does the bigger bore motor deliver the same acoustic experience?
Ok definately longer post than I anticipated , so any help would be greatly appreciated ,cheers.

#2 ·
The Brutale 920 was introduced in 2011 as an entry level Brutale, powered by a new 921 cc variant of the four-cylinder engine, the new displacement was achieved by a reduction of bore, the crankshaft being the same as the 990 and 1090 models. Power output was 129 bhp (96 KW) @ 10,500 rpm.

That from Wikipedia.... It has base level suspension and other chassis bits. So it is a "second generation" bike at a lower spec (and cost) than the others.

Reactions: theknurl
#3 ·
Right thanks for the info , so this "base level" suspension is not on the level of the 910/750? as in adjustability and other things, if somebody with riding impressions could offer a comparison I would be grateful as Ive seen them on ads and they do seem cheaper than the others.

#4 ·
My 2011 1090 R is basically the same bike with the 1090 that was released in Canada. The power delivery is lower in the rpms, so it'll have plenty of go, but will drop off in the upper rpms. Makes a great commuter and mountain carver, it's got comp/rebound and preload in the forks and preload/comp in the rear, all Sachs suspension. Once you get the clicks right, the suspension performs well and the cast Brembos stop well enough. I don't expect stellar performance if I get it out on the track, but it's no slouch. You won't be disappointed with it as I'm always entertained by my 1090 R.

#6 ·
I am pretty certain the 920 does not have fully adjustable suspension. It is a "budget" Brutale.

But still a MV Agusta, and nothing wrong with that.

#7 ·
I know this reply maybe a bit late but 920 rear suspension is fully adjustable and front has compression adj through one leg and rebound through other. Done 16000+ miles on mine it handles very well and unbelievable torque, 6th gear will pull from 20mph all the way until flat out .

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.