Which Slip On for B4 750s??? - MVAgusta.net
 5Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 10:12 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Which Slip On for B4 750s???

Hi guys and girls,

I am looking to remove the stock cans and add a lower mounted slip on. It seems that the options for the B4 are pretty limited, beyond a custom job. At the moment I am looking at:

1. Arrow Thunder
2. GPR, not sure which model yet
3. HP Corse Hydroform

The hydroform is the one I want, but its nearly 600 compared to 300-400 for either of the others. Also I am a little concerned that it may be too loud. Does anyone have any experience of any of there cans, or recommendations for something else that can be had here in the UK.?

Thanks

2004 Matt Black/Grey Brutale 750s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 11:36 AM

I have the full Arrow Thunder on my 1090 and it's loud. Haven't tried it with the db killers but I'd imagine it would tone it down a little. It cleans up the side profile nicely though. Cannot comment on the other 2.

2013 Brutale 1090RR Non-ABS
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 01:49 PM

New Site Garage
IMO it has to be the arrow thunder having had both arrow and GPR , Arrow was best but was to loud for me even with the db killer, the gpr was a deeper tone but did not like the fitment.
I now have the arrow twin cans and have now found the right sound level i am looking for, have taken db killers out and put back the cat and it has a nice tone for my likeing
and runs very well and seems to be a lot smother at idle . the HP corse is the loudest of all 3. its you choice .

Last edited by mv raptor; 10-25-2019 at 01:53 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 05:00 PM

New Site Garage
H.P. Corse is the best looking. Very loud. Annoyingly loud to ride anywhere where noise bounces off concrete walls such as motorway dividers. Hardest to tune for smooth running down low. I also run an Arrow Thunder.

Cheers

Deano
Calcifur likes this.

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-25-2019, 05:05 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
How loud is too loud? My bike has no cat and the stock cans, that's how it was when I got it and its LOUD. I always ride with earplugs in, but once I forgot and only made it a mile down the road before I had to pull over as my ears were ringing. its mainly for the asthetics that I am looking to change and the performance. don't want to go too loud as, I live in a terrace and don't fancy waking the entire street first thing in the morning!!

I have watched a few videos of each exhaust but phone mics always clip the audio so they all sounds as loud as each other.

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 10:11 AM
Established Member

Arrow Duals in Carbon FTW.
Attached Images

Calcifur likes this.

2006 Brutale 910S
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 10:18 AM
Established Member

The Arrow are probably your best, most serviceable and solid choice IMO. If you're patient, maybe a set of MV Corse will come up on eBay with a factory chip. They were the factory upgrade and run beautifully. Loud too.

Right heel still bangs the sh** out of them though.
post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:46 AM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Thanks for the input guys, I think maybe Arrow the way to go. I am looking for a stubby exhaust rather than the same as stock, although @Swoosht04's does look good..

post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-27-2019, 11:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calcifur View Post
How loud is too loud? My bike has no cat and the stock cans, that's how it was when I got it and its LOUD. I always ride with earplugs in, but once I forgot and only made it a mile down the road before I had to pull over as my ears were ringing. its mainly for the asthetics that I am looking to change and the performance. don't want to go too loud as, I live in a terrace and don't fancy waking the entire street first thing in the morning!!

I have watched a few videos of each exhaust but phone mics always clip the audio so they all sounds as loud as each other.

It sounds like you have the race cans rather than the stock ones as my 910 ( and 750 before ) with cat removed and the original cans wasn't that much louder than stock, just a nice deeper sound. The race cans will make your ears bleed when you are on the gas.
Calcifur likes this.
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 10-28-2019, 04:18 AM

New Site Garage
I've had both the Hydroform and Arrow. Visually I liked the Hydroform but much prefer the Arrow sound (both with DB killers in).

Track day next month with DB killer out...will see how it sounds...but i do prefer the Arrow.

Please note, based on a full race exhaust system.

990R - Hydroform
1090RR - Arrow

Cheers

Tim
Current
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 910R - Track Bike
Harley-Davidson Street Glide Rushmore
Harley-Davidson Road Glide Rushmore

Past
MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR
MV Agusta Brutale 990R LE Anniversary Edition #81/150
MV Agusta Brutale 750s

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in