MV Agusta Forum banner

Anyone have a rear mudguard installed on their B4?

6K views 46 replies 14 participants last post by  Manfred 
#1 · (Edited)
Just took the passenger pegs off and I'm already sad that the rear end has lost some visual weight. I've said this before: I'm not a big fan of the bee stinger look on the tail, at least not for my bikes. Curious if anyone has installed something like the Carbonworld or Moto Corse rear mudguard and would be willing to post photos of the final product, installation, etc. Thanks in advance!

https://www.carbonworld.de/carbon-schutzblech-hinten-fuer-mv-agusta/mv-agusta/a-11590
https://www.motocorsestore.com/en/b...0-s-r-989-r-1078-rr/parafango-posteriore.html

See less See more
#4 ·
Like this as an alternative?

Attachments

Reactions: über
#6 ·
https://photos.app.goo.gl/MAqjHquHmLdRQuBF9 not sure if picture posted but I bought one off eBay..sling shot racing..I know it's not top of the line but I knew it was going to take a beating so I bought it..mounting was kinda simple. I removed the rear wheel to gain access to the factory plugs which were already in the swing arm. Rather than use well nuts and drilled the holes a touch bigger in the fender and installed it using push pins we use in automotive use (hold in fender liners and such) had to tap them in with a mallet . Been over 100 mph multiple times and over every kind of bump and it's still solid as a rock.

#8 · (Edited)
The "mud guard", or "hugger" pictured is a common part found standard on many brands of sport bikes and installed as an option on some that didn't come with one standard.

MV installed it as standard on some F4 models and offered it as an accessory for others.

Original F4 and Brutale 750s could be equipped with a MV accessory carbon fiber hugger by drilling holes in the swing arm for well nuts (instructions and well nuts included with the accessory).
Later bikes (like my 910R) came with the holes pre-drilled by the factory in anticipation of installation (so popular as an accessory it was/is). It was one of the first accessories I added to my 910R.
It came as standard equipment on my SPR F4 750.

Attachments

#11 ·
Thanks all! I'm sold. Assuming the holes are pre-drilled on the 1078RR, but will confirm that tomorrow when there's more light and less BAC :friday:

#13 ·
?

Should be M5 wellnuts.......
Had a hugger installed.......doesn't do anything.....shock still gets splattered
Hell, at low speeds stuff gets thrown on my rider seat, Brutale 910R :wink2:

Sold the huggers:grin2:

#14 · (Edited)
Should be M5 wellnuts.......
Had a hugger installed.......doesn't do anything.....shock still gets splattered
Hell, at low speeds stuff gets thrown on my rider seat, Brutale 910R :wink2:

Sold the huggers:grin2:
Hey did I buy one from you WAAAYYYYY back? Yea I get stuff om my seat as well and often wonder if it works. Kinda sick of looking at it.

UPDATE: I purchased a new Corse hugger early on in 2009 from DiabloM3, he had a pearl white F4 at the time.

#19 ·
Circling back on this old thread to see if anyone has a handfull of the appropriate M5 well nuts to share, or a good source to procure from. Thanks in advance!

#20 ·
#23 ·
If you reference the OP, my aim is to close the visual space left by the removal of the passenger pegs. Not a fan of the bee sting rear.

Also this is 100% where my mvagusta.net sticker will live :D

#25 ·
I wrote before that I had a motocrose one installed for a good while. I took it off for a year. I then reformed its length so it was some 4 inches shorter. Works perfectly and protects the shock nicely. I also relocated my plate deep under the seat just above the hugger. Added the light closer to the rear so the plate meets illumination standards. Looks nice and I'm very happy with the result. The original hugger was way too freaking long and looked silly.

#27 ·
@Theducman: Keep in mind the swingarm changed design a bit in 2010...so, you have to get a hugger that is Generation Specific.

#29 ·
I may actually have one....I'll be going through some parts this afternoon.

But, to answer your question, yes, by year...the F4 and B4 are the same.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.