Fuel economy - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 09:38 PM Thread Starter

Fuel economy

Hi all just wondering what other people are getting economy wise.2009 Brutale 1078 last tank I got 114 km from approximately 15litres before fuel light came on btw this was purely city commuting I know these things are thirsty but this seems extremely bad any thoughts?cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-16-2019, 11:51 PM

New Site Garage
Anthony,

That sounds particularly bad, but town riding wont get you far mileage wise. Picked mine up in Brisbane and the seller told me 200k before the light comes on regardless of how it's ridden. He was dead right. That's about 17ltrs. Now with the Microtec from Chris at XBikes and a good map I get 250k before light comes on. They have shit mileage standard. Change of air filter/exhaust can make a big difference but comes with the downside of needing a possible tune which is nigh on impossible with the std. ecu.

You might strike lucky, fit an Arrow or something and it'll run o.k. You will probably have issues in some areas though. Trust me, I've been down all these roads. A Microtec with a good map transforms the bike to what it should have been from the factory. Expensive but worth every penny, performance and mileage wise.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
post #3 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 02:02 AM Thread Starter

Hi mate yeah mines got standard ecu standard mufflers cat converter removed upgraded air filter goes great don't really want to open it up if I don't have to just used to the economy of my cbr900rr which I sold to get the Mv cheers Anthony
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 12:20 AM

New Site Garage
I bought my 1078 new in 2009 and have always known it to get ~100 miles to a tank, or around 25MPG. City riding can be worse, open stretches can be better, but those don’t vary things by much.

WHAT'S THE WORST THAT CAN HAPPEN?!
'09 Brutale 1078RR
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
, '05 Brutale S 750
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 5 (permalink) Old 08-23-2019, 05:11 AM

New Site Garage
I get between 25-30mpg out of my 910s 2007. That is spirited riding not hard riding and a mix of town and country. I call it smiles per miles as its all recreational.

MV F4 750 EVO3 2003
MV Brutale 910s 2007
Honda VFR800 1998
Honda MBX 125 FE 1983
F4 Agusta mini moto replica
Chinese Quadbike made of peanut butter (crunchy).

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode