Design Corse hub bearing number - Page 2 - MVAgusta.net
 9Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-10-2019, 07:24 PM

New Site Garage
Has a bearing failed? If so perhaps a warranty claim?

2013 F4RR
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:25 AM Thread Starter

Noel, I'll take it apart to measure the skinny bearing. OD and ID are the same as the one next to it, just shorter in height. All the other bearings and seals are the same as the OEM hub. It looks like the only difference between their hub and the OEM hub bearing-wise is they added a skinny bearing. It doesn't feel like any of the bearings have failed. Either way, to get to the seal I'm going to have to drive out the left side bearing and might damage it. I may as well replace them all. I'll get back to you and appreciate your help and am SO glad you have the bearings for sale for so much cheaper. I wanted to puke when I looked up the bearing prices.

Mitchy, I don't know why they won't give me the bearing number. I'd gladly buy it from them if they don't want to give out the part number. But the problem isn't that they're stingy with part numbers. Either they don't want people servicing their hubs, want people to have to buy whole new hubs or think that their hubs will last forever.

2007 910R
post #13 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 07:32 AM Thread Starter

Tony, bearings feel ok, but it's possible a seal has popped off the face of one of the right side bearings. I think more likely inner seal on the left side has failed. As for warranty, I don' t know how old this hub is. When I bought the bike used, it already had it installed. I'm at 44K miles and I tend to abuse and neglect this poor thing. Stuff will fall apart. I don't think of this as a defect, just normal wear. Besides, a warranty claim means I'll have to send it in, probably be without a bike for a month... nah.

2007 910R
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #14 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-12-2019, 09:12 AM

New Site Garage
Just saying, if you bought a Mitch hub you'd never have a problem getting bearings or maybe never have to change them again. Easy to get new bearings too!

I've had mine apart twice now both times after rain race weekends. Not even wet or dirty inside the bearings. Still took them out, cleaned and greased the bearings, reassembled and no issues, no play, perfect fit.

Wish the swingarm pivot & shock linkage bearings kept the grim out as well as Mitch's hub does, they need attention twice a season. Almost no one checks them and they wear more than I ever expected them too. Not only the bearings but linkage bolt shafts, bushings & spacers wear when dirt gets in them. They wear like MX bikes do?

Life is too short to frustrated by something so simple and easy to resolve. Okay back to quietly observing...
theknurl and gotojoe like this.

D23
CCS/ASRA #19
Staff Instructor SBTT South
'Yamaha R1 Superbike
MV F3RC
Zuma 125
post #15 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-14-2019, 07:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moocowman View Post
Noel, I'll take it apart to measure the skinny bearing. OD and ID are the same as the one next to it, just shorter in height. All the other bearings and seals are the same as the OEM hub. It looks like the only difference between their hub and the OEM hub bearing-wise is they added a skinny bearing. It doesn't feel like any of the bearings have failed. Either way, to get to the seal I'm going to have to drive out the left side bearing and might damage it. I may as well replace them all. I'll get back to you and appreciate your help and am SO glad you have the bearings for sale for so much cheaper. I wanted to puke when I looked up the bearing prices.

Mitchy, I don't know why they won't give me the bearing number. I'd gladly buy it from them if they don't want to give out the part number. But the problem isn't that they're stingy with part numbers. Either they don't want people servicing their hubs, want people to have to buy whole new hubs or think that their hubs will last forever.
Unless I'm mistaken, MV dont sell the bearings for their hubs either. It could be a rabbit hole of liability issues.

JOe
esq'z me likes this.
post #16 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-17-2019, 09:18 AM Thread Starter

I know about Mitch's hub. I wish the previous owner had gotten Mitch's hub instead of the Design Corse. I'll eventually get one once my conscience allows it, if the bike is still alive. Business has been challenging. I have too many other things grabbing at my wallet. Right now, I just want to stop this leak. I hoping to make some time this weekend to take it apart.

2007 910R
post #17 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 03:24 PM Thread Starter

The bearing number is 61810-2RS1 / 6810-2RS. It's 65mm x 50 mm x 7mm. Do you have one?

The seals for the left bearing have no obvious signs of wear or damage, but the grease is coming out the left side and it also looks like grease has gone past the inside seal, migrating towards the right. It looks like the bearing has to come out in order to replace the inner seal. So, can you please give me a price for all the bearings and seals?

L bearing HK5520.
R bearing 3810-2RS.
R bearing 6810-2RS.
(2 each) Seals G55-63-5.

2007 910R
post #18 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-25-2019, 11:24 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Post a picture of the inner race for the needle bearing, I can tell if it's OK or not
The needle bearings basically never fail......1so far in 10 years
Just trying to save you some money.....
Attached Images

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Skype; theknurl
post #19 of 19 (permalink) Old 08-26-2019, 12:41 AM Thread Starter

The inner race looks like it has a couple of polished rings on it, but it doesn't feel grooved when I run my fingernail across the surface. Upon closer inspection, the inner seal is damaged. I can see where a piece of it is missing (red arrow)
Attached Images

2007 910R

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode