MV Agusta Forum banner

Seeking a solid rear seat replacement (aka solo seat )

6K views 23 replies 11 participants last post by  falcn 
#1 ·
My bike doesn't do back-seat passengers. It's for quiet time between me and the canyons. Okay, sometimes Kenny Loggins is with me on Bluetooth, but private time none the less. Therefore I have no use for a padded rear seat that only takes away from the clean lines and design of a custom riders seat.

So, without further ado, I'm looking for a solid rear seat replacement or "solo seat." I've found one option at CarbonWorld.de for about $180 plus shipping and another from eMoto >:) for roughly $375 plus shipping and one last one from Evolution Bike for just over $100 plus shipping.

Before I pull the trigger on any of these, wanted to check in with the group to see if anyone has one lying around, experiences with one of these vendors/products, etc. Thanks in advance!

Attachments

See less See more
Reactions: Armando1969
#3 ·
Thanks rsawkins! Been on the forums long enough to know the history there. Sadly, they’ve always got what you want in stock! This time though, at more than 3x the price ?

#4 ·
Not to thread jack but do these covers cover the rear of the oem seats that are one piece or are these covers for the two piece seats

#7 ·
I personally have been eyeing the carbonworld version as I like the raised looked. My biggest dislike with the stock look is that the back just looks to flat.

I swear I saw a picture online of a raised version with a small tail bone pad - looked very sporty. Anyone know of such a version?

#11 · (Edited)
Reactions: Armando1969
#12 · (Edited)
#13 · (Edited)
Got the seat cover from Carbonworld.de yesterday. Packaging was top notch, including a scratch-resistant dust cover over the gleaning new piece of carbon. Had to rinse off Bella after she sat through a weekend of board cutting in the garage, so I took the opportunity to throw on the new addition. This first picture doesn’t do it justice — the bump up design really brings the back end to life. Now I just need to decide whether it’s going to get painted or if it gets to stay raw. I don’t have any other exposed CF on the bike, and I’d hate to start down the expensive path of adding more!

Oh, and now I REALLY need to remove the passenger pegs.......

Attachments

Reactions: esq'z me
#14 · (Edited)
Aaaaaaaaaaaaand it's gone. The Brutale seat thief strikes again. :banghead: I've always been good about checking the latching mechanism back there, but I must have missed it in my last preflight. Got done with my afternoon ride and found an uncovered trunk. Reran about half the ride before I found it in two pieces (the seat and my fancy new carbon cover), both run over to shit. :violin:

Now what the hell am I going to do?????

#22 ·
@dumbcomputers, you saved my bacon!

The below post shows a strong lip in the back of the carbon cover, which is of course designed to hold the back end down while the pressure from the riders seat holds down the front end. My cover had none of that (see photo comparisons). I shot these over to Carbonworld and they agreed to send a replacement due to the manufacturing error. I've still gotta throw together a new vinyl cover for the torn-up rear seat, but soon I'll be back in business!

https://www.mvagusta.net/forum/13-b...rbon-fiber-seat-cover-brutale.html#post160843

Log this as a $200+ win for the forum. Ed, I've got more money for stickers now!!!

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.