Tampa dealer bowing out !! - MVAgusta.net
 1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:17 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Tampa dealer bowing out !!

HI MV Aficionados

I stopped by the Tampa dealer this week and they told me their dropping MV Agusta.

They stated quality problems and parts support was weak.

Dam, I hope somebody wakes up and fixes the problems !!

Thx

u1-2go

One mans ride is another mans back marker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:39 AM
Established Member

New Site Garage
Sorry to hear that... same boat here in Houston, TX. If I have a warranty issue my option is to transport bike to Dallas-- although Dallas dealer said MV would actually pay for transport...

Never ride faster than your guardian angel can fly....
2018 MV Agusta 800 Brutale RR-- "Betttina" in Giallo-Nero
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 07:42 AM

New Site Garage
Which dealer in Tampa?

MV Agusta F4 Superleggera (Mona Lisa)
MV Agusta F3 Ago 2015
Ducati 1098 2009
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-18-2019, 10:18 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

euro cycles

u1-2go

One mans ride is another mans back marker

post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-21-2019, 02:36 PM

The UK also has a dwindling number of MV dealerships, which is certainly a concern.

Previous bikes
Yam FSIE
Kaw KH250
Yam DT175
Suz GSX600
Honda Firestorm
Honda Fireblade
Aprilla RSV Factory
Ducati Multistrada
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 01:33 AM

Here is an excerpt from 1/2018 interview between PowerSports Business & Joseph Elasmar, then newly appointed MV Agusta distributor for the US which addresses plans for expanding MV US dealer network:

"Next year we will continue developing and expanding the dealer network to improve customer accessibility to our motorcycles and service centers, with the aim of reaching a network size of 55 dealers across the U.S. and 10 dealers in Canada. In addition, we are also working through plans to launch flagship stores in some key locations that we anticipate to announce in first half of 2018."

Closures in Houston and Tampa certainly do not correlate with this plan. This is reminiscent of the 90's which saw globally known brands such as Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc. leave the US market.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 05:57 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tirefriar View Post
Closures in Houston and Tampa certainly do not correlate with this plan. This is reminiscent of the 90's which saw globally known brands such as Alfa Romeo, Fiat, etc. leave the US market.
When we were at Laguna Seca last year, we got the privilege of chatting with folks in the MV Agusta supply chain...from the top of that chain...and we asked them about supply problems, dealerships and clothing/accessories.

The response was that the company is assessing current dealerships for performance and coming up with a plan of replacement. In other words, they are going to change locations and performance of dealerships by closing some and opening new ones.

I am waiting to see some new dealerships in the US.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 08:00 AM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Well that sucks...

I really like Euro Cycles and tell everyone about them. I prefer them over the one in Miami due to the friendliness and at home feeling when at the dealership.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 09:50 AM

Being located in Oregon, if I have an issue I am looking at a bit of a drive (4hrs) to get the bike to an actual dealer (Bellevue, WA)... The sad part is, Portland, Oregon is typically one of, if not the #1 Ducati dealer in the nation every year. They used to carry MV & Aprilia, but both were dropped due to continual lack of factory support & parts supply, Sounds Familiar.

2015 MV Agusta F3 800
2012 Ducati Panigale 1199S
2011 Triumph 675R
2009 Yamaha Road Star Warrior
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 05-22-2019, 10:02 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
I am waiting to see some new dealerships in the US.
We do have the DucShop here in Marietta..... MV only sales, but major player in Ducati performance and repairs.

They have invested in training and tools for MV support and have been excellent for me with parts availability/pricing inquires, and getting me parts I order quickly.
They also stock MV service parts.

I think DucShop is the kind of dealer MV USA is looking for. Problem is finding these kind of people with the financial underpinnings to make it work.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '08 TT-R110 (Buster) Pam's ride, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)

Last edited by esq'z me; 05-23-2019 at 06:16 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode