Tyre pressures - Brutale 1090 - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 04:26 AM Thread Starter

Tyre pressures - Brutale 1090

Will be checking the tyre pressures on my recently acquired 2016 bike. Reading the manual I see it states 33 psi / 2.3 bar for both front and rear tyres. Found this a bit odd as normally you see a difference between the pressures? Be interested in hearing about your favoured road pressures. Cheers

Previous bikes
Yam FSIE
Kaw KH250
Yam DT175
Suz GSX600
Honda Firestorm
Honda Fireblade
Aprilla RSV Factory
Ducati Multistrada

Last edited by UKBrutman; 05-11-2019 at 04:31 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:36 AM

I think tyre pressures are a personal preference. With road bikes we stick with the manufactures recommendations, as we do not ride 'hard' on the roads. We used to run track bikes and the front tyre pressure was always greater than the rear tyre pressure (the opposite way round to most road bikes), as when breaking hard the weight of the bike and rider transfers to the contact patch of the front tyre.
SAROY likes this.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 06:47 AM

New Site Garage
Run Dunlop Q3+ tyres. Usually run 33psi front, 30psi rear. Pretty warm in this part of the world though, which probably equates to a couple of psi after they're warmed up.

Cheers

Deano
SAROY likes this.

2009 1078RR Brutale
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:27 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
I have been using the recommended 33 front and rear on my MV with no problems. Good handling and tire wear.

The engineers who determined that spec have a reason for it. Why would you question the designers who have vastly more data then any of us?

I always follow the manufacturer tire pressure spec on all my bikes. You should too.

That said.... on the race track everything changes. I am talking public roads and normal riding.
john and SAROY like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:45 AM

New Site Garage
Hmm...when I picked up Mileena my dealer said. 2.4 bar(35psi) front and 2.8 bar(40psi) rear. Seems a bit high compared to what you guys use

Very direct feeling with the road. You can feel a single dust particle under the tyres.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black_Gold_Saw View Post
Hmm...when I picked up Mileena my dealer said. 2.4 bar(35psi) front and 2.8 bar(40psi) rear. Seems a bit high compared to what you guys use

Very direct feeling with the road. You can feel a single dust particle under the tyres.
Different models have different specs. My Suzuki GSX-S750 calls for 42 rear, 36 front. My Indian Chieftain even higher..

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 11:30 AM

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by esq'z me View Post
Quote:

Different models have different specs. My Suzuki GSX-S750 calls for 42 rear, 36 front. My Indian Chieftain even higher..
Are these tyre pressures based on being able to lean the bike over to the very edge of the tyre when cold?(scrubbing tyre to the edge) Say a 50-70 degree fahrenheit day

For example: can I practice my "knee down"/"steeper lean angle" skills on a parking lot with cold tyres at 2.4 & 2.8 bar.
Or is it recommended to lower the pressure?

Might sound stupid, but on a race track you obviously put a lower amount of pressure in that automaticly build up when tyre heats up and gets stickier.

"Mileena"
MV Agusta F3 675 '17 - Matt Avio Grey

post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 11:40 AM Thread Starter

Thumbs up Pressures

Thanks for feedback. Would always go with stock settings, just never come across a bike where both front and rear were the same.

Previous bikes
Yam FSIE
Kaw KH250
Yam DT175
Suz GSX600
Honda Firestorm
Honda Fireblade
Aprilla RSV Factory
Ducati Multistrada
post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 12:10 PM
Old Wing Nut

Quote:
Are these tyre pressures based on being able to lean the bike over to the very edge of the tyre when cold?(scrubbing tyre to the edge) Say a 50-70 degree fahrenheit day

For example: can I practice my "knee down"/"steeper lean angle" skills on a parking lot with cold tyres at 2.4 & 2.8 bar.
Or is it recommended to lower the pressure?

Might sound stupid, but on a race track you obviously put a lower amount of pressure in that automaticly build up when tyre heats up and gets stickier.
I used to take my 910R to a subdivision in construction to "practice". Lots had been laid out, infrastructure done and roads paved, but no houses in construction. It sat basically abandoned for a year or longer while the builder found financing. (mortgage/housing crisis years)

2 large roundabouts and a several bending/straight roads off the main highway. I would ride past the barricade and play......

Toes scraping the pavement and tires to the edge (I only ever get my knee down on a track...old school body position on the street...no hanging off).....OEM Diablo Corsa tires at spec (33-33)....

I have ridden in the North Georgia mountains at speed and scuffed my tires to the edge, looking just like I had been on a track....at spec pressures (33-33).

The key is, on the track you maintain higher temps longer than possible on the street. Hence increased pressure build up and need to lower cold pressure.

When I ride on the street I run what the book says. Bike handles well and tires last as long as can be expected.

Run what the book says.

The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 05-11-2019, 02:24 PM

New Site Garage
Never had an issue with 33/33psi on my 1090RR, with Supercorsas or Diablo Corsa II tyres. Seem fine at 7 deg and up to 30 deg....thats about as hot as it gets here in UK

cheers
bogie

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode