brytale 1078rr exhaust system compatability - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 11:29 AM Thread Starter

brytale 1078rr exhaust system compatability

Hi Guys and Gals,
Recently purchased a brutale 1078rr 2009 model, to sit alongside the F4, and would like to change the exhaust for something just a little nicer, well get rid of the massive cat box at least! i have seen a hp corse system from a 910r for sale, along with the chip, but will this fit my model? both physically and also would the chip be right? or would a microtec or similar be needed? the system is in america and i'm in the uk, so really need to know for sure before i go ahead and buy it, so anybody KNOW the answer(rather than guessing) any help will be greatly appreciated! thanks in anticipation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 01:11 PM

New Site Garage
as your 1078 is a 2009 i would say it has a 5sm ecu the one from the 910 has a 16m ecu
your modal dose not have a chip, as for the exhaust it should fit but you might need the microtec or get the ecu remapped.
The Following User Says Thank You to mv raptor For This Useful Post:
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-25-2019, 03:08 PM

New Site Garage
Exhaust will fit but if you want it to run properly then you need to get a Microtec and a tune if you can find anyone decent. If you get a Microtec I have maps galour as I have been playing with mine for quite a while now. The HP Corse is pretty loud and it's very annoying when the bike's not tuned right.

Cheers

Deano

2009 1078RR Brutale
The Following User Says Thank You to Deano For This Useful Post:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 05:56 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Yep....the exhaust would fit (and looks / sounds good too ) but the chip will be useless.

I have a Microtec that would fit your bike for sale if you are interested. Would need to be tuned for your bike. Chris at X-Bikes would be the man to see about that.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 05:57 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for getting back to me so quickly, as i guessed, the system will fit physically but will need either the ecu remapped or an aftermarket ecu for it to run correctly? is there an easy way to tell which ecu version i have fitted to the bike? is there any external markings/letters etc? guess i also need to find a tuner that will be able to help? further investigation required me thinks, thanks again.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-26-2019, 05:58 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Your bike has a Marelli 5SM ECU.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
The Following User Says Thank You to esq'z me For This Useful Post:
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 02-28-2019, 03:03 AM

The Cat has to be cut out ,you will have to measure where to cut it if you want to keep the headers . If the 910 comes complete with headers then you are ok.

cheers eddy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode