Brutale headlight glass took off!! Need to buy new! - MVAgusta.net
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:05 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
the_thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 415
Brutale headlight glass took off!! Need to buy new!

Next disaster with the bike.
The head light glass fell right out at a stop light - I breaked pretty hard, and the glass just left the bike and chrushed to the ground! Checked the construction and the glass was just fixed with glue (?)
As always with these things it is the "not being able to ride" time that is the critical issue.. Therefor i will try to take care of this myself, instead of waiting for the dealership getting its fingers unplugged.

1) Does anyone (because of some strange reason) have a head light assemble for the Brutale for sale? (guess one have to change the whole package?)

2) Is there any difference between the headlight assembly for the red and the black Brutale?
the_thomas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 1,179
click here

It's not mine, but it's for sale. Now... anyone got a rider's seat for a Brutale, any condition?
emmvee is offline  
post #3 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:19 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
the_thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by emmvee
click here

It's not mine, but it's for sale. Now... anyone got a rider's seat for a Brutale, any condition?
Thanks emmvee,
Saw that one, its the reason why i asked about differences between red and black Brutales. (Seller specificly writes that this is for a black Brutale)
the_thomas is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #4 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:36 PM
Pimp of posts
 
spalding12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Clearwater, FL USA
Posts: 6,301
Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
has that ever happened to anyone before?
had you recently had the bike apart?



100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
spalding12 is offline  
post #5 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:41 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
the_thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12
has that ever happened to anyone before?
had you recently had the bike apart?
Yeas, i have seen some other report about simular incidents.
Nope havent touched anything on it, the bike is a 2004, bought new this april.
the_thomas is offline  
post #6 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:47 PM
Established Member
 
MADMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 185
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_thomas
Next disaster with the bike.
The head light glass fell right out at a stop light - I breaked pretty hard, and the glass just left the bike and chrushed to the ground! Checked the construction and the glass was just fixed with glue (?)
As always with these things it is the "not being able to ride" time that is the critical issue.. Therefor i will try to take care of this myself, instead of waiting for the dealership getting its fingers unplugged.

1) Does anyone (because of some strange reason) have a head light assemble for the Brutale for sale? (guess one have to change the whole package?)

2) Is there any difference between the headlight assembly for the red and the black Brutale?
THOMAS, IT SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WHAT COLOR THE BIKE IS AS FAR AS A HEAD REPLACEMENT FOR THE BRUTALE HEAD LIGHT.
MADMAN is offline  
post #7 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:52 PM
Administrator
 
alvin's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: California, US
Posts: 8,857
Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
I WAS WONDERING WHAT THE SOUND WAS AND NOTICED IT CAME FROM THIS THREAD!
alvin is offline  
post #8 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 01:57 PM
Established Member
 
MADMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 185
Emmve, You May Want To Check Out The Mv Sale Column In The Forum Page. I Believe Triple Seven In This Forum Is Selling A Stock Brutale Seat Along With Other Parts, Which He Had Replaced With A Gladio Kit.
MADMAN is offline  
post #9 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 02:11 PM Thread Starter
Senior Member
 
the_thomas's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Sweden
Posts: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADMAN
THOMAS, IT SHOULD NOT MAKE ANY DIFFERENCE WHAT COLOR THE BIKE IS AS FAR AS A HEAD REPLACEMENT FOR THE BRUTALE HEAD LIGHT.
Thanks Madman!

Quote:
Originally Posted by admin
I WAS WONDERING WHAT THE SOUND WAS AND NOTICED IT CAME FROM THIS THREAD!
Sound? It got your servers to make noise?!
the_thomas is offline  
post #10 of 19 (permalink) Old 07-26-2006, 02:12 PM
Established Member
 
MADMAN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 185
ADMIN, I NEVER GET TIRED OF HEARING THAT...
I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN YOU WOULD BE WATCHING AND LISTENING. YOUR LIKE GOD AND OR BIG BROTHER, ALWAYS WATCHING.
MADMAN is offline  
Reply

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now



In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:


Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in










Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Display Modes
Linear Mode Linear Mode



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome