Fire damage from dealership fire - MVAgusta.net
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 01:21 PM Thread Starter

Fire damage from dealership fire

So my new to me brutale had idle issues most likely from the pcu and I broke down and decided to take it to a shop. Unfortunately I picked the dealership closest to me instead of going to Georgia which was a couple hours farther.
The bike was only supposed to be there a couple days which turned into a month. The week I was going to pick it up even though it hadn't been fixed I was informed the shop burnt down. That was labor day. Finally today I got to see pictures. Turns out there wasn't any damage from the fire but the chemicals used to put out the fire cause the aluminum to flake and metal to corrode. They are most likely going to total it and my insurance pay for it for reasons I dont understand the shops insurance isnt covering it. It has been a shitty couple months. Forgot to mention that I only got to ride it for 6 days. And the shop was the worst business i have ever dealt with.
Attached Images

2006 Brutale 910s
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 02:13 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Umm.. I would seriously talk to a lawyer IF you haven't already. I am pretty confident the shops insurance is suppose to handle such situations.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 02:25 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
...and, if the bloody thing is able to run, inquire about buying it back from the insurance company and restoring it.
gotfolk likes this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 02:46 PM
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotfolk View Post
Umm.. I would seriously talk to a lawyer IF you haven't already. I am pretty confident the shops insurance is suppose to handle such situations.
That is of course assuming they were insured!!

INTERNAL COMBUSTION RECREATION FOREVER
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 03:14 PM

New Site Garage
Send a message via MSN to gotfolk Send a message via Skype™ to gotfolk
Quote:
Originally Posted by brutant View Post
That is of course assuming they were insured!!
Very true... I would think they would need some kind of insurance to run such a business.

2015 Yamaha FJ-09
2012 Brutale 1090RR
2005 Yamaha R6 - Sold
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 03:58 PM Thread Starter

At one point my insurance said that there insurance probably wouldn't cover everything anyways because of a maximum amount. They also said something about if it's an accident they might not be responsible. I'm planning on buying it back as long as it's not a ridiculous price. I didnt have it long but fell in love anyway.

2006 Brutale 910s
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 04:40 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Your insurance company will go after theirs....it's called subrogation. They will want to recoup their losses since it was the shop's fault the damage occurred.

This will be under your comprehensive coverage. Hope your deductible isn't too big. If they recoup the costs they will refund your deductible...even if it takes them a few years to work through the courts.

Where's the front fender???

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-11-2018, 10:04 PM

Ed is correct, your company will subrogate... However, there is such a thing as liability limits meaning that the overall policy coverage in $$ is less than the loss incurred. In that case, getting your deductible back depends on whether your insurance company is first or last to settle. This blows but you might look at buying the bike back while putting few additional benjamins in your pocket... while you are at it, check on whether you can take the RC8R off their hands too
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 12:11 AM Thread Starter

The front fender is in my garage. 6 days after buying it someone shifted into reverse at a stoplight and broke it off. Haven't had much luck with this bike.

Already thought about the Rc8r. That was/is a sweet bike.

2006 Brutale 910s
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 02:17 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Quote:
Originally Posted by MVnFast View Post
At one point my insurance said that there insurance probably wouldn't cover everything anyways because of a maximum amount. They also said something about if it's an accident they might not be responsible.
Are they trying it on? Isn't insurance taken out to cover all eventualities of accidents?

Whilst there are other with greater knowledge than I, surely if a policy holder suffers damage and/or loss, a claim must be honoured whether the cause be arson or an 'accident'?

Most importantly though, I hope you (MVnFast) get this resolved without too much more down time.
christosc likes this.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode