Parts and dealers - MVAgusta.net
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 01:02 AM Thread Starter
Parts and dealers

Just a quick question for long term MV owners, how was your experience with parts arrival? Im asking because my Brutale 750 needed to be hooked up on the diagnostics and there were a couple small bits that needed to be changed so I left it at a certified dealer. The bike has been serviced there since day one so I thought why not continue the tradition. Anyway a month has passed and the parts still havent arrived, the guy says. Have always serviced my bikes at home so havent had the chance to deal with these things but it just seems an abnormally long wait.
It is the most beautiful time of year to ride around here, and im sitting at home eating sad pancakes.

Brutale 750 2004
RXV 450
AF1 Sintesi 125
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 02:10 AM

Send a message via AIM to nigelrb Send a message via Skype™ to nigelrb
Hi and welcome.

It seems to depend on the part(s) required. I ordered and received a sidestand (2007 F4) within 10 days, yet a rear seat cowl took nearly 10 weeks (and then it was the wrong one).

I think it's realistic to believe that for those of us with 'older' bikes, we cannot expect parts to simply be 'on tap'. There has to be a cut-off point. What I have notice though, that by using various resources, just about any part for an MV can be obtained.

In your case though, it seems a shame that the bike couldn't be returned to you in a running state whilst waiting for the new parts - unless, of course, it was impractical or unsafe to do so.

2007 MV F4 1000R
2018 CBR1000RR SP2 : 2004 CBR1000RR : 2003 CBR954RR : 2001 CBR929RR (Erion Racing Edition)
1985 Honda VF1000R : 1985 Honda NS400R
2020 Daytona 765 Moto 2 Replica (on order)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 02:15 AM

Italy pretty much shuts down in August and it can take a while for them to deal with the backlog of parts orders etc. And bear in mind 'normal' service has never been lightning quick.

I ordered an injector for my daughters Vespa in July and it arrived only last week.

Proud owner of a 2015 F4 and a graduate of the school of 'stupid hurts!'
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 05:45 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Parts delivery is also dependent on the dealer actually ordering the parts.....Many dealers will not order parts until they have quantity required for discounts or free freight. This means they often don't order the part at all for a very long time, as they probably don't sell a lot of MV parts. (this also happens with other brands)

Once they actually order the parts delivery is relatively quick.

That is, for common service parts and mechanical parts.

Cosmetic or painted parts can take a while, because the factory doesn't make and hold a large after sales service stock.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 06:00 AM
Established Member

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vashka_ko_pirinach View Post
Just a quick question for long term MV owners, how was your experience with parts arrival? Im asking because my Brutale 750 needed to be hooked up on the diagnostics and there were a couple small bits that needed to be changed so I left it at a certified dealer. The bike has been serviced there since day one so I thought why not continue the tradition. Anyway a month has passed and the parts still havent arrived, the guy says. Have always serviced my bikes at home so havent had the chance to deal with these things but it just seems an abnormally long wait.
It is the most beautiful time of year to ride around here, and im sitting at home eating sad pancakes.
Tell me what you need and you'll have the parts faster
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 06:14 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
@misty5: It is beginning to sound like you are not a casual seller of personal parts.....

@Vashka_ko_pirinach: Where are you on this planet? Sometimes location deters quick delivery of parts. Could you add your location, please, to your profile?
nigelrb likes this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 07:07 AM
Established Member

[QUOTE=silentservice703;2538765]@misty5: It is beginning to sound like you are not a casual seller of personal parts.....

Can be so kind to explain what you intend? Casual seller of personal parts?
What, am i squashing your foots?
For to be clear mine are used parts, as i have to many bikes and always spare parts. I don't have any shop or website where i'm selling parts.
Otherwise i really don't need to sell them, as i can keep for my bikes in case needs in future. I was trying to help the guy, to me doesn't change the life if you wait months or years for the spare parts
Bye

Last edited by misty5; 10-01-2018 at 07:46 AM.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:25 AM Thread Starter
Thanks for the replies guys, I had all of these suggestions in mind (the not so common parts, the italian ferragosto season and the amount of parts the dealers tend to gater before actually ordering them) its just that I havent until now had any contact with motorcycle shops except for part ordering. Anyhow today I contacted the dealership and told them ill come and pick my bike up thursday and for them to just send me the parts home when they arrive as the crucial one that caused a gas leak has been remedied. The dealerhip is 250km from me so Ill have a nice drive home if the weather permits.
Misty 5 I will keep your offer of parts in mind, thank you.
As soon as the bike is in the garage Ill disassemble the rear wheel in order to check the hub (after a couple rides), the bike has 34000 km on it so it needs to be checked anyway and Ill just do it myself so Ill probably have a couple questions regarding the proces.
Oh yeah Im from Croatia so the headaches are coming from my neighbouring country. With two Aprilias in the garage that are not functioning because of electronical issues I conclude that Italian machinery buttfu*ked my soul this season.

Brutale 750 2004
RXV 450
AF1 Sintesi 125
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 08:26 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to silentservice703
[quote=misty5;2538775]
Quote:
Originally Posted by silentservice703 View Post
@misty5: It is beginning to sound like you are not a casual seller of personal parts.....

Can be so kind to explain what you intend? Casual seller of personal parts?
What, am i squashing your foots?
For to be clear mine are used parts, as i have to many bikes and always spare parts. I don't have any shop or website where i'm selling parts.
Otherwise i really don't need to sell them, as i can keep for my bikes in case needs in future. I was trying to help the guy, to me doesn't change the life if you wait months or years for the spare parts
Bye
You, good sir, are not "squashing MY foot". However, as a moderator on this forum, I need to protect the interests of the SPONSORS of this forum. It is interesting that you have so many parts and that you can help anyone with almost any model. I envy your supply and, evidently, your garage.

Yes, I am following your posts and I can tally how many of those posts are geared toward parts sales. It hasn't risen to the level of the @Administrator attention yet. There are venues for advertisers and sellers to become official sponsors.

There have been others along the way that were casual sellers of personal stock accumulated over the years and if this is where you fall, then that is fine.

I will admit that I have a personal hard spot with people who are anonymous (you have no location or name) and who will not list their bikes in their signature line (as if they are hiding something). It makes me suspicious.
esq'z me, theknurl and nigelrb like this.

Gapalicious 2019 at
from OCTOBER 2-6, 2019

Call (423) 519-2000 or (423) 253-6213 to reserve your Riverfront Cabin. PM me for The Crow's Nest reservation!!!

Email/Paypal:

My personal Cell Phone: (781) 223-3020

'07 F4 312R, '10 B4 1090RR, '15 B3 800RR
'07 Ducati Monster S4Rs, '07 Ducati Monster 695
2010 Harley Davidson Ultra-Classic Electra-glide CVO FLHTCUSEBLK
'63 Honda C100A Cub
'61 MVA TRA 125
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 10-01-2018, 01:48 PM
Established Member

[quote=silentservice703;2538793]
Quote:
Originally Posted by misty5 View Post

You, good sir, are not "squashing MY foot". However, as a moderator on this forum, I need to protect the interests of the SPONSORS of this forum. It is interesting that you have so many parts and that you can help anyone with almost any model. I envy your supply and, evidently, your garage.

Yes, I am following your posts and I can tally how many of those posts are geared toward parts sales. It hasn't risen to the level of the @Administrator attention yet. There are venues for advertisers and sellers to become official sponsors.

There have been others along the way that were casual sellers of personal stock accumulated over the years and if this is where you fall, then that is fine.

I will admit that I have a personal hard spot with people who are anonymous (you have no location or name) and who will not list their bikes in their signature line (as if they are hiding something). It makes me suspicious.
I suppose that Sponsors are selling new parts.
For your hard spot: not everybody like to show what they have or not, personally i don't need to show nothing, so i will not list my bikes, also i think you'll go bored to read all long list. It's since more than 50 years ago that (my father start) my family is collecting bikes and cars and prefer to remain anonimous. Who knows me know everything about me, i don't think that in Usa or around the world feeling the need to know who i am or not.
Relax yourself
Regards

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode