Anything off MSRP? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:15 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Anything off MSRP?

Starting to get some numbers from some dealers and by phone it is a little tough to get a real number until fully comitting. Can anyone share what they have paid or think is a reasonable amount to expect off MSRP on an 06 910. How about an 06 "R" since 07's are coming in the next few weeks. Seems like 1k off is the number I am hearing. Is that decent?

Thanks,

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:21 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
what
are you kidding
only 50 Rs were brought into the US
there aren't any

only 100 2007 910Rs will be brought in to the US
you won't get a dime off of most
you wouldn't expect to..... would you?

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 05:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice it
Starting to get some numbers from some dealers and by phone it is a little tough to get a real number until fully comitting. Can anyone share what they have paid or think is a reasonable amount to expect off MSRP on an 06 910. How about an 06 "R" since 07's are coming in the next few weeks. Seems like 1k off is the number I am hearing. Is that decent?

Thanks,

Jeff
I got my 06 910S for 14K.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 07:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12
what
are you kidding
only 50 Rs were brought into the US
there aren't any

only 100 2007 910Rs will be brought in to the US
you won't get a dime off of most
you wouldn't expect to..... would you?
I wouldn't expect anything off an 07 but not many would pay MSRP for an 06 on the floor when 07's are out. Cycle trader online has "R"s available so I wouldn't say there aren't any. I just started shopping for this bike so I wanted to see what people thoughts were. From the few calls I made they seem to be sticking to 1k off on the 06 910. I haven't inquired about money off on the R so they may be all at sticker but limited or not when the 07's hit, 06's will be harder to move at MSRP.
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-21-2006, 10:12 PM

When are the 2007 910s due to hit the showroom floor?

Stuart
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 02:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juice it
Cycle trader online has "R"s available so I wouldn't say there aren't any.
shops advertise on cycletrader bikes they don't actually have, mostly Atlanta.

i don't think shops will discount to some guy on the phone , show up in person if u want a deal.
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 03:27 AM

The term "discount" could be real or it could be bait. Don't forget that dealers will attach fees like transportation, setup, as well as tax (depending on where you live) so the final price, whatever that may be offered to you, is what matters.

I live in California where there are more MV dealers than any other States, and I believe that there are no '06 Rs available at any of the MV dealers anymore. At the time, 3 out of the 4 dealers that I looked into told me they had sold out the Rs that they had. The few '06 Rs that came to the U.S. were distributed to each dealers so each one did not get many. But it may be possible that there is an '06 R still in a showroom somewhere in a State where motorcycling is not a year-round activity like it is in California. When I was shopping around, one dealer was shipping an R to a customer from another State. I've done that myself in the past, buying a Ducati from out of State when they switched over to the new body style and I had to add another $500 for shipping.

Here in California, people pay retail or premium for a new bike or car all the time and vehicle tax is quite high as well. What is important is not what other people have paid for the bike, but what is the best total price the dealer is willing to give you and whether you think that price is worth owning the bike.
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 04:11 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
anything is possible
but, remember...
only 50 Rs came into the US as 2006s
so.... it is UNLIKELY that any exist

only 100 of the 2007s will be sent to the US

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 10:04 PM

I'd be 1. surprised if you can find a new 2006 910R any longer. 2. If you find one don't expect any discount. Remember the 2006s come with the factory upgrade full Ti exhaust to be shipped from the factory to the owner. This is about a $2,500 upgrade I think, included in the MSRP of $18,000. This will not come included on the 2007s. My dealer received 2 910Rs and had 4 deposits for them. But two guys either went for another bike or got a refund. I just happened to be there in May to look again at the 910S when he told me the Distributor had just called him and was sending him one more 910R. I believe it was the last one the Distributor had. I gave him a deposit on the spot having never ridden the 910. I had ridden the 750 and loved everything about it except the lacking torque etc that so many have already discussed. Good luck getting a 2006 910R. You may find one for sale by an owner. I think I saw one on an MV site recently.
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 07-22-2006, 10:14 PM

Get real....no $ off for you yet.

If you want $1K off you'll be dealing on a '05 750.

Good-luck and welcome.

HERE WE SPEND $ for Italian machinery, CF, exhausts and T shirts.

Peter

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode