The date for 2007 Brutale R arrival in the US - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-19-2006, 09:54 AM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
The date for 2007 Brutale R arrival in the US

I just had another great conversation with the director of north american operations for Cagiva USA... Alex Bennett

1. he told me that the 2007 Rs would be IN THE US BY the first week of August... to be delivered, no later than the 10th to everyone on the PREorder list

2. he invited me to go to VMD in Mid-Ohio.... which i can't... can't get away from work

nice guy

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 03:05 PM

Did he happen to mention anything about the exhaust systems for the '06 R owners?
post #3 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 04:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo-zone
Did he happen to mention anything about the exhaust systems for the '06 R owners?
I don't know what would be a reasonable time after purchase to get something that's promised to you. At some point, someone will likely take action for compensation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrsonic
I don't know what would be a reasonable time after purchase to get something that's promised to you. At some point, someone will likely take action for compensation.
action for compensation?
that is ridiculous
it's a small italian company
they could have HELD the bikes until the 3rd-party outsourcer made those headers...

of course......
this IS america..... land of "sue for anything"

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #5 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spalding12
action for compensation?
that is ridiculous
it's a small italian company
they could have HELD the bikes until the 3rd-party outsourcer made those headers...

of course......
this IS america..... land of "sue for anything"
Not as ridiculous as you think. I'm not going to do it because I have other things to do, and I'm not a practicing attorney. But it's possible as it just takes a disgruntled customer and a willing lawyer. If they had held the bikes until they had the headers, they wouldn't have exposed themselves to a possible action. But MV wanted to get these bikes out sooner and they wanted to sell these bikes, otherwise people's money may have gone to a competitor's brand. You're right ... "this is America" ... and if the law allows it, it can and may happen. I'm not trying to provoke a fight, and I actually don't mind the wait because I have 8 other bikes I can choose from. But I suspect there are some people out there who are unhappy about the wait. Just because MV makes a good bike doesn't mean people should accept poor business tactics and support.
post #6 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 07:40 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

well...
the point is....
nothing in life is perfect
there are risks in everything
if you'd like to tell me WHO HERE WHO ALREADY OWNS AN R.... could really USE that extra 6 HP.... i'd LOVE to say hello

and......
not trying to start a fight either...
please enjoy one of your other 8 bikes while you wait....
the point there...
if you have 8 bikes.... there is no way in hell that you could ever ride ANY of them enough miles to be able to learn each bike... and therefore, the extra horsepower, etc..... won't be of any use to you

you paid the 3K....
i undertstand that
but.....

i think you get my point

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #7 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 07:49 PM

Quote:
well...
the point is....
nothing in life is perfect
there are risks in everything
if you'd like to tell me WHO HERE WHO ALREADY OWNS AN R.... could really USE that extra 6 HP.... i'd LOVE to say hello

and......
not trying to start a fight either...
please enjoy one of your other 8 bikes while you wait....
the point there...
if you have 8 bikes.... there is no way in hell that you could ever ride ANY of them enough miles to be able to learn each bike... and therefore, the extra horsepower, etc..... won't be of any use to you

you paid the 3K....
i undertstand that
but.....

i think you get my point

You're right ... I do like the R alot and can wait. It does have less than 200 miles on it since I bought it several months ago ... but those were very exhilirating miles. It is still a work in progress ... I'm planning to get SATO rearsets, a steering stabilizer for it (when available), and possibly a slipper clutch. Heck, I have a ducati 748R from five or six years ago with less than 2000 mi. on it. I guess I'm spoiled, and got a little worked up.
post #8 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 07:50 PM Thread Starter
Pimp of posts

ok......
i was being rude above and i am TRULY SORRY for my words
you are right
i'd be pissed too if i paid that money and didn't get the pipe for a year
but.....
as i've said elsewhere (and i know that you'd agree).... the new exhaust was the LEAST of MY REASONS for buying the "R" over the "S"
the brakes and wheels and suspension are a million times more important to me

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
post #9 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 08:03 PM

Quote:
ok......
i was being rude above and i am TRULY SORRY for my words
you are right
i'd be pissed too if i paid that money and didn't get the pipe for a year
but.....
as i've said elsewhere (and i know that you'd agree).... the new exhaust was the LEAST of MY REASONS for buying the "R" over the "S"
the brakes and wheels and suspension are a million times more important to me
I agree ... the brakes, wheels and forks are more important than the exhaust.
post #10 of 11 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 11:17 PM

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Quote:
Originally Posted by herrsonic
Not as ridiculous as you think. I'm not going to do it because I have other things to do, and I'm not a practicing attorney. But it's possible as it just takes a disgruntled customer and a willing lawyer. If they had held the bikes until they had the headers, they wouldn't have exposed themselves to a possible action. But MV wanted to get these bikes out sooner and they wanted to sell these bikes, otherwise people's money may have gone to a competitor's brand. You're right ... "this is America" ... and if the law allows it, it can and may happen. I'm not trying to provoke a fight, and I actually don't mind the wait because I have 8 other bikes I can choose from. But I suspect there are some people out there who are unhappy about the wait. Just because MV makes a good bike doesn't mean people should accept poor business tactics and support.
Now...imagine yourself after this lawsuit, being the one person responsible for MV no longer making things like that included from the factory. Or even worse, being the person responsible for making the company go under...

Doesn't sound too appealing now, does it?

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode