Logistics ? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 01:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Logistics ?

Hi guys,
I have been looking to get back into riding again and was pretty much settled in on a Monster and I keep getting pulled back to looking at the Brutale and can't get it off my mind. My question is what do you guys do that live hundreds of miles from the nearest dealers do for service? Can local shops work on them for minor stuff and you make the trip for expensive warranty work or doesn everything need to go to an authorized dealer? How much service should actually be needed in the initial 2 year warranty period anyway assuming a local shop would work on it after that? Thanks for the insight. I am surprised that there are no dealers anywhere around the DC metro area unless the MV website isn't updated.

Thanks,

Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 02:46 PM

How many miles/km per year are you expecting?

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 03:25 PM
Established Member

The dealer I'm working with offers pretty much door to door shipping for warranty work and for service. On warranty work, they pretty much cover it. For service, they say that they will offer a significant discount on the hourly shop rate to make up for the shipping charge so it wouldn't be much more than having a local non-MV authorized dealer work on it. Hopefully your closest dealer would be willing to work with you on a similar deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 03:43 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

For me it would be a nice weather weekend bike so probably a couple thousand a year at the most. Door to door shipping for warranty work would be great but I can't imagine the dealer would eat that cost for a 2 or 3 hundred mile each way trip.
post #5 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 03:45 PM
Established Member

not everything has to be done by a dealer. being that far away from a service shop might warrant buying a few tools and learning how to do a few things yourself. sure there will be a learning curve but it might be worth the hassle. moster or brutale...both great bikes.
post #6 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 03:46 PM
Established Member

It's going to be different for every dealer, but my closest dealer delivers bikes locally on a weekly basis so they have a truck here anyway. And I wouldn't say that they are going eat it....there are creative ways for dealers to recoup costs on warranty work performed...
post #7 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 06:19 PM

For that few miles I think you'll be fine. Sched maint at 600mi then 7200mi ish means very rare scheduled visits and most likely very few warranty requirements.

JamesC

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 09:50 PM
Living the Dream

New Site Garage
Jeff,
where exactly are you located. If you have ever heard of Fast Lane Cycles in Chantilly they work on both Duc's and MV's. one of their service guys really loves italian bikes. if service is the only thing you are worried about i would get the MV for sure. These are great bikes and something that i believe you would appreciate more b/c they are few and far between compared to a monster. JMTC.

Get busy livin, or get busy dyin
Motorcycle Art!
You live more in 5 minutes on a bike like this, going
flat out, than most people live in a lifetime.
post #9 of 9 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 10:00 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

I am in Bethesda, that is good to know. I went through service BS with a Ferrari and that definately takes some enjoyment out of it. As long as there are guys around and the Brutale isn't something that is in the shop every other week it sounds like I need to hunt down some deals!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode