new to MVs - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-17-2006, 12:39 AM Thread Starter

new to MVs

hi there vaughn here in san diego would like to say hi just bought my 1st mv (94 brutale) loving it so far but there are some questions
why do these run so hot it's been around 105 here in san diego & the bike has gone as hot as 227 f iv read all the temp postes and will reduce the amount o antifreeze & go with the water weter but what about removing the metel screen infront of the radiator to get more airflow and what temp is the thermostat, does mv make a lower thermostat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 07:39 PM Thread Starter

wow
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-18-2006, 11:13 PM

Don't think there's any options on the thermostat, some people were going to look into making the fans come on earlier, but MV just run hot.
Water wetter or engine ice helps, as does eliminating the cat.
Welcome to the world of MV's, the heat is worth it
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 11:55 AM Thread Starter

thank you for the info
what do you think about removing the screen in front of the rad i know it protects the rad from rocks but i think i would rather replace a rad than pop a head gasket or warp/crack some thing in the motor
thae screen has to restrict the air flow some(on the race bikes we remove the cooling fans because they restrict the airflow)
i think i will try the cat removal
thanks
vaughn
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 12:07 PM

I honestly don't think the screen is restricting enough air to make a difference. It is pourus enough for thr air to move past it into the radiator, rather than deflect it around, which is where it would cause concern.

BTW, mine regularly hits 234F when stopped, you can search for other threads on this issue, but to prevent this (when safe to do so), I kill the motor, but leave the fans running to not only cool the coolant in the radiator, but to prevent the motor form generating even more heat. The fans alone will not control the heat at idle.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:15 PM

Vaughn, Mine usually gets to 216 when stopped. No big deal. Do you want to go on one of our rides? We do the tytpical tour, usually on Saturdays. Maybe not this weekend but after the MotoGP. My number is 858 414-2289. Henry Hester
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

the ride sound cool & yeah after moto gp
also i have 2 parade laps that im only using to get the lakebed parking if someone wants them they can have them (free) call my cell on sunday am 619-573-0064
we can meet at track
vaughn
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 07-20-2006, 02:46 PM

Not going but I forwarded this to Mark Valade who IS going with someone who rented my Brutale for the weekend.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode