cosmetics for 920 - advice wanted - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 03:44 AM Thread Starter

Question cosmetics for 920 - advice wanted

Some chop knocked my bike over where it was parked recently and a few parts are going to need replacing
Looking for some advice on what might have worked for you or if you know of replacements that would leave me better off than dealing with the local stealership
  1. Headlight lens has a crack that looks like it's going to spread - OEM replacement costs a small fortune and only sells as a complete unit. Haven't come across any lens-only solutions or aftermarket units that look OK on the bike
  2. End of brake lever end broke off. I've done a temp repair but it looks crap so want to replace both original hand levers with shorties. Been looking online but there doesn't seem to be much available for my particular model . Wondering if 910/990/1090 bits will fit here?
  3. Back brake lever is bent. Worth replacing rear sets completely? Anyone fitted something that works and looks the part? (and that isn't going to break the bank ... was looking at the Rizoma Evo's, but my sack , suppliers are not nervous to stick it in deep down here in ZA and the exchange rate with an import doesn't help either)

You don't need a therapist if you own a motorcycle

Grant
2012 Brutale 920
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-21-2017, 05:50 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Well that just sucks !!!

There is no alternative for the headlight...unfortunately. The handlebar levers should interchange. You could compare part numbers to confirm. I use CRG levers on my Brutale. Don't care for the shorty clutch, but do have one for the brake.

Have never seen affordable rear sets that were any good. All the nice kit are pricey. May want to stick with the OE brake lever.

Good luck.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-22-2017, 09:54 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to theknurl
Thumbs up ?

Take the headlight lens to a windshield repair shop......
they'll drill a tiny hole and fix the crack with a type of crazy glue.....

Look it up on YouTube

Noel-theknurl

The Forum Curmudgeon
I'm not PC either
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R
'05 F4
ph. 310-414-7247 PST, GMT -8
PayPal;

Skype; theknurl
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 11-23-2017, 09:33 AM
Established Member

The 920 headlight lens is plastic, not sure the glue will work properly it might even make it worse.

Turismo Veloce
Brutale 920

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode