re-sale non existant WTF? - MVAgusta.net
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 01:35 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

re-sale non existant WTF?

Been a while (years) since posted on here, mainly because haven't had any probs with my 1078. But I'm now selling it (trying to) and I can't believe that only one person has checked it out. He didn't buy it because it was too much for him (he'd never ridden one and he got scared I think) and I think he was also worried about the scuff mark on the swing arm from my boot. Anyway, I keep dropping the price and still no lookers, no phone calls - nothing. There's only a few for sale in Australia and just so surprised that no one seems interested in them. Two years ago I went to sell and had 4 guys interested, but stupidly, I couldn't bring myself to sell it then and took it off the market at the last moment. Now trying to work out what I'm doing wrong?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 07:16 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
MV Agustas are not an every man motorcycle.... There are a lot of misconceptions about reliability, parts supply, serviceability......

You just have to keep it. You don't really want to sell it anyway. It still makes you smile every time you ride it.

List it for the price you want and just let it sit there until the right person who knows what it is comes along.
Miko, Miko, Terrys409 and 3 others like this.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, 2015 Indian Chieftain (Rita) my "low-n-slow", '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue), 2018 Suzuki GSX-S750L8 (Susie Q)
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 03:50 PM
cus

Never sell. Never
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 03:53 PM

I agree you are right,i am trying to sell my 989r and no one really interested but so far i have resisted to drop the price.A couple of people have said to me about servicing and that they would be afraid of everything going wrong with them.People really dont much about Italian bikes at all.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 04:53 PM
Established Member

The BMW dealer in Adelaide wouldn't take my 910S Brutale as a trade at any price. The MV dealer would only offer me $5000 as a trade against a new bike. At the time my bike had 17,000kms on it with a full dealer service history from new. Ultimately they did me a favour because since sorting out most of the common issues and getting more time in the saddle I'm happier with the bike now than when I bought it. I guess it took a little getting used to and having worked on it a few times I've come to realise that it's relatively simple to maintain.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-28-2017, 10:40 PM

the more i ride mine the more i want to ride it,
not many other bikes like it

2013 Brutale 1090 RR ABS
Philly PA USA
post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 03:11 AM

MV Agusta it's not a very easy to sell bike, it's the most exclusive so most likely you only receive a handful phone calls and half from posers that want the bling factor to tide to the local coffee or gathering point. Occasionally appears one guy that asks all the right questions. I had a friend once that stopped riding and the only thing we could do was a trade for a car on a high end car stand that wanted a bike just for show. I'm sure that bike will end in a luxurious living room just for show.On the other hand you've over priced second hand Ducatis and BMW s
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 06:37 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks guys, all good points. Pretty crazy really, I've not had any problems with my MV.

TBH, I'm not selling it to buy something new, I'm only selling it because I really don't ride much anymore. I'm not into coffee shops and posing, and the reality is that so much traffic now, even in the hinterland areas, along with ridiculously reduced speed limits everywhere and extremely high levels of policing, that its just not worth it anymore. I guess the powers to be have finally beaten me down and won - they have got another motor bike rider off the road.
sonusfabiker and sonusfabiker like this.

Last edited by brutale4me; 10-29-2017 at 06:40 AM.
post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 06:59 PM

New Site Garage
Sounds like you will be forced to keep it as a beautiful garage ornament.
Life could be worse.

***Garage***
2018 Yamaha YZ250FX
2016 BMW S1000RR Premium
2015 MV Agusta Brutale 1090RR Corsa
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 10-29-2017, 07:57 PM

Keep it, ride it when you can. Or feel free to park it in my garage with my Brutales and I'll ride it once a month for you to keep it moving :-)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode