Brutale 990R vs 1090RR suspension - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 12:37 AM Thread Starter

Brutale 990R vs 1090RR suspension

Anyone here have both bikes or ride both, or ride both? I am looking at a comparison of rear suspension. The 1090RR has a little higher speck sachs shock and I am wondering if the upgrade is noticeable in performance. My 990R is a little stiff in the back and I get a few hard pops sometimes, I am still looking to potentially upgrade to the sachs 1090RR rear. Please advise.

Thanks

HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 04:00 AM

As an average rider, I still appreciate the adjustability of the RR suspension.
After doing California Superbike School, I learnt the rider has more effect on bike behaviour long before the bike limitations kick in.
Our local roads range from nice racetrack smoothness to downright corrugated rubbish. My experience is that the workshop manual settings are suitable for relatively good road conditions.

I have departed from those settings because most of my riding time is spent on less than pristine roads, and I have been able to set the bike up for a good compromise for comfort and handling.

Hope that helps, it is quite hard to communicate what are subjective judgements in an environment with a lot of variables.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 10-06-2017, 02:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by revhead1957 View Post
As an average rider, I still appreciate the adjustability of the RR suspension.
After doing California Superbike School, I learnt the rider has more effect on bike behaviour long before the bike limitations kick in.
Our local roads range from nice racetrack smoothness to downright corrugated rubbish. My experience is that the workshop manual settings are suitable for relatively good road conditions.

I have departed from those settings because most of my riding time is spent on less than pristine roads, and I have been able to set the bike up for a good compromise for comfort and handling.

Hope that helps, it is quite hard to communicate what are subjective judgements in an environment with a lot of variables.
Sounds good enough for me, thanks for the feedback!

HT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 12-02-2017, 01:10 PM
nuk

New Site Garage
IMHO, if I'd was to upgrade, I'd put a TTX instead, better performance and better resale value for all its worth. Sachs are good shocks, and the ones they put on the 1090rr they're probably even a bit better than the ones on the 990R, but almost anything compares to a TTX.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode