S4R versus Brutale 910/S - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-22-2005, 05:02 PM Thread Starter
S4R versus Brutale 910/S

I'm in the process of buying a naked bike and have narrowed it down to either the S4R or the Brutale 910 or S.

I love how the S4R roars and the ride of a Twin engine.

I love the aesthetics of the Brutale. I haven't ridden one yet, but I had a 4-cylinder bike before.

I'm favoring the 910 right now because I want the low-midrange torque. That's one of the reasons why I like the Monster, the low-end.

Can anyone who had or still owns a ducati monster tell me their experience?

For those of you who have a 910, how is the low-end torque compared to a monster? I'm dissapointed that the 910 isn't offered in matte black. *pout*

Thanks.

Last edited by Moto Frisco; 11-22-2005 at 05:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 11-24-2005, 08:12 PM

I just traded my S4R to put an order in on a 910. All I have ridden in the past were 4 cylinder bikes and while the duck certainly does roar and has loads of low end torque, I missed the screaming fun of the 4. And to be honest, I found the S4R has almost too much power right off idle, which makes city riding a drag. I know I will be flamed for this, but my initial thoughts when riding the S4R was that the engine sounded like a lawn mower. As far as handing is concerned, I found in my test ride of the 910 that it felt far more planted and less twitchy leaned over. If you are thinking of the S4R I would get the new S4RS instead. As far as aesthetics, ducati offers LOADS of customization upgrades although none will really make it look a 910. The engine on the 910 is far more "polished" for a naked. Good luck with your decision.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto Frisco
I'm in the process of buying a naked bike and have narrowed it down to either the S4R or the Brutale 910 or S.

I love how the S4R roars and the ride of a Twin engine.

I love the aesthetics of the Brutale. I haven't ridden one yet, but I had a 4-cylinder bike before.

I'm favoring the 910 right now because I want the low-midrange torque. That's one of the reasons why I like the Monster, the low-end.

Can anyone who had or still owns a ducati monster tell me their experience?

For those of you who have a 910, how is the low-end torque compared to a monster? I'm dissapointed that the 910 isn't offered in matte black. *pout*

Thanks.
post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-19-2006, 05:13 PM

The 910 R comes in black, tho not matt black
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-20-2006, 01:19 PM

I'm in the same boat I 'm looking at the S4rs because I had a 999s and loved it but the looks of the 910 are waaaay better. With aprox. the same weight and hp I'm leaning heavily toward the 910 or 910R. Now what to do with that Ducati jacket i just got last year?
post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-22-2006, 09:25 AM

Hey Guys, stop thinking !!

Buy the bike your heart wants to. Both are passion one. Lissen to your heart and you'll be happy bikers !!
post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 01:47 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
IMO, no question 910 would be my choice.

My brother have a Monster and I have a 916, but IMO the 910 I test rode kick their asses in HP power and power delivery, sound, handling and ESPECIALLY build quality and design.

the 910 has PLENTY of low end torque, and it felt very smooth all the way to the rev limiter. IMO, the "growl" or "roar" of the twins are over rated for bikes, well... maybe better suited for a muscle cruiser and muscle cars, I just like the mental high pitch "howl" or "shriek" of the 4s on a sports bike/hooligan bike, besides, nobody will mistaken the sound of the 910 for a Japanese inline 4s.

Just my $.02.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 08:04 AM

I can only add one thing to this never having owned either bike. Right now I have a 996, and all it took was ONE ride on my friends Brutale 750 for me to buy an MV.... I don't know if you've ridden one yet, the engine is amazing. I have no bias owning both bikes saying this, the MV is going to turn a lot more heads too, if you've seen one Monster you've seen them all.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 09:02 AM
Site Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by rearviewmirror
if you've seen one Monster you've seen them all.
This has to be coming from someone who has never owned or been around many. These all look pretty different to me - and I could find pictures all day long.

NOTE: the knife holder on the front fork.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by desmoworks
This has to be coming from someone who has never owned or been around many. These all look pretty different to me - and I could find pictures all day long.
]
Yep.. never owned one before.. And let me clarify just for you... with exception of highly modified or customized Monsters if you seen one you've seen them all. Is that clearer? Stock for stock the Brutale 910 is way more potent than the Monster S4R. I could find you highly customized Katana's too, but you know what they say, you can't polish a turd.
post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 01-24-2006, 03:18 PM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Those are pretty scary monsters alright...

I own a 916 and my brother has a monster, and I have seen a lot of highly customized Ducatis over the years, some good, some bad, but I just haven't seen that many defaced MV F4s or Brutales any where, perhaps it's just because there are fewer of them around, but my theory is that I think the MVs are just so beautifully designed in the 1st place that people don't want to ruin it by changing too much of it.

Just my $0.02.

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode