Spring Fever! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:11 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Spring Fever!

Those of you that live in New England can understand the psychological implications of spring fever. Like so many times in the past, by March I am having a real hard time seeing the bike sitting lonely in my garage. This year things were a little worse. Some might blame this on the current world economic situation or global warming, but I have only one to blame...I have become an MV owner!

I picked her up in November and have had to spend all winter walking by her every time I leave or return home. I sought the support of friends and family, but this seemed to worsen the problem, as we typically brought the beer and chairs to the garage and looked at her for hours. My family has been supportive, but cannot understand my infatuation with this machine, this piece of art. I have become a peeping Tom in my own garage, sneaking down to her during all hours of the night to take a quick peek at my beauty. I am in love with her!

Luckily, my wife is not a jealous woman and has begun to understand my obsession, but things have gotten worse yet again. This weekend, I and another member of this forum (also a new Brutale owner) committed ourselves to a nice long ride on Sunday. We both agreed that this was the perfect medicine for our spring fever disability. We rode our respective machines from my home to Portsmouth, NH. As we came through town to stop for coffee, it began. The high revving engines echoed down the tight old world city streets as passersby looked in awe, amazed at the harmonic sound and design of these machines. The two engines playing their individual instruments so beautifully that Mozart himself would be proud...and so were we! As we pulled off into a parking spot people gazed with jaws wide open, shaking heads and blinking eyes as if to refresh their sight in an attempt to prove that they were not seeing a mirage.

I am sure that all of you have experienced the sense of pride that comes from owning one of the machines. I am sure that you have had this same experience now on many occasions, but this was my first and I have to say "WOW, I love this!" I am looking forward to a long riding season enjoying the experience.

Thanks MV!
Attached Images

Last edited by mikjr79; 03-23-2009 at 08:15 PM. Reason: Forgot picture
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:18 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Twins!
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-23-2009, 08:37 PM
Established Member

mikjr79,

51 and sunny this Saturday. What do you say?

Better than the snow and sleet we got from the above mentioned ride.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 06:05 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAPotter80 View Post
mikjr79,

51 and sunny this Saturday. What do you say?

Better than the snow and sleet we got from the above mentioned ride.

Done! Just let me know what time and where we're going.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 06:18 PM

OMG! If I rode down the street and saw that I'd definitely turn around and check them out. Not everyday you see two Brutes together. My favorite color too!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Motovation is now on Facebook -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 03-25-2009, 09:20 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cazadore View Post
OMG! If I rode down the street and saw that I'd definitely turn around and check them out. Not everyday you see two Brutes together. My favorite color too!
I see that you have the same taste in Brutale color scheme, looks good! I also see that you have a Hypermotard in your arsenal! If I could talk my wife into me buying another bike, that would be it. How do you like it?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode