Potential Brutale 910R Owner in NZ - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 03:07 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Potential Brutale 910R Owner in NZ

Hi There,

Just new to this forum... would like some assistance with my potential purchase please!

I am looking at purchasing a 06 Brutale 910R. Its black with small red decal and red rocker covers (i have attached a pic) and has the MC titanium exhaust and eprom to take it to 144HP. Its done 16,000kms (10k miles odd). It has had one owner since purchased new in early 07.

It has had a full service history since new, purchased and maintained at a MV dealer in New Zealand. There are two things that have been done outside of its standard servicing:

1). New rear bearing set (owner over-tightened the rear bearing as part of a bike check before a big ride)
2). Replacement front rim (factory recall from MV)

As part of the purchase he has agreed to get full service done on the bike.

My question is: Is there anything that i should ask to get checked at the same time? Anything to be weary of? ...can you check the rear bearings, etc?

PS: Other bikes i was looking at are: 09 Triumph Street Triple R and a 07 KTM SuperDuke R (now that was an outstanding bike to ride!)

Cheers from NZ

Simon

Current Bike: 07 Honda VTR 250!
Attached Images

Last edited by greminn; 03-21-2009 at 04:40 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 03:13 PM

Welcome!

Yes, I'd have them check the wheel bearings if you're concerned about it. All 3 off your choices are stellar bikes, but only the MV stirs my soul.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 03:45 PM

Nice, if you don't already know, that bike has been for sale at XXX for quite a while. Hope you are getting them to knock off quite a few $$ :-)

Very few MV's selling right now so its a buyers market. PM me if you want some details, I got my F4 about 4 weeks ago in AKL.

Had the Triumph (nice but flawed), the KTM looks interesting, but there is no way they compare in the finish or engine department to the MV. It will be a huge upgrade from the 250, don't drop it in the dealers driveway!!!

Dave
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 04:18 PM
Established Member

Send a message via Yahoo to joanne
welcome to the site, i owned the 990 super duke, loved it to bits with the ackprovic cans, very original,only problem i had was the battery it in the belly pan under rad, pig to get to, and gets soaked if you ride all year, i got through two battery's in a year, but mine was an 06 so it might have changed since then, I didn't think twice about chopping it in for the brutale 910, but I've always loved m.v's, as for triumph i think they can very unreliable, but I've never owned one.

It's all very funny until someone gets hurt, then it's hilarious.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 05:57 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Welcome aboard!

Other than the red tape n the rims which degrades handling, lowers horse power, and causes attractive women who would other wise be attracted to you avert their eyes in horror, sounds like a nice bike.

Good choice.

CAG
post #6 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:01 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_clarkie View Post
It will be a huge upgrade from the 250, don't drop it in the dealers driveway!!!
Yea - seen that already on youtube to many times! LOL

I have riden the 04 Brutale 750 S, took it over the kaimais and back again for a good burn, but it was too revvy for me and didnt feel smooth on the corners because of lack of tourqe.. Im hoping the 910R is much better in this dept (which it is im told).

Interesting comment about the Street Triple.. what was your thoughts on it?
post #7 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
Welcome aboard!

Other than the red tape n the rims which degrades handling, lowers horse power, and causes attractive women who would other wise be attracted to you avert their eyes in horror, sounds like a nice bike.

Good choice.

CAG
CAG,

Full advert for it here. As you can see the red tape is a new addition.... Madness I say!!!!

Also comes with a crumpet in boots by the look of it, so operating expenses could be horrific :-)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-188355284.htm
post #8 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greminn View Post

Interesting comment about the Street Triple.. what was your thoughts on it?
Nice, but the engine seems "uneasy" in some way at most points of the rev range at steady throttle. Happy to accelerate in the mid range, but felt like it was trying to escape when just motoring along. Could be the fueling or the fact that its one cylinder short

Nice bike, but the MV is in a different league !
post #9 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:08 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
A crumpet in boots?
post #10 of 20 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 06:09 PM Thread Starter

New Site Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo_clarkie View Post
CAG,

Full advert for it here. As you can see the red tape is a new addition.... Madness I say!!!!

Also comes with a crumpet in boots by the look of it, so operating expenses could be horrific :-)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-188355284.htm

Hmm.. maybe I posed the wrong pic of the bike in the first place... This is the one that i got it off:

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-205478058.htm

But you have the correct link in your post. However - what threw me is that the main pic is acually a blue one. But the rest of the pics are the black. Strange.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode