Brutale 1078rr - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 03:27 PM Thread Starter
Brutale 1078rr

Today I did my first 50 kilometers with my new 1078rr after last october crash (910 r mod.2006 destroyed and exposed fracture of shinbone and fibula).It's completely different, engine seems to be electric instead of the raw 910 R engine,the on off effect does not exist anymore ( because of the running in I did not exceed 7000 rpms ).The brakes are fantastic,more power and sensibility than the old P4 / 34 Brembo's,one finger is enough to stop the bike at the end of Monza's principle straight!I use a lot "the braking effect of the engine" while changing gears down , but now , the anti slippery clutch totally eliminates this effect ( with a little rebound on the clutch lever ).Next report when I 'll finish the running in.The sound is very hoarse,when I will eliminate the air box snorkels and install the complete Arrow stubby exhaust system the Brutale's sound will become monstrous.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 03:40 PM

What do you mean by eliminating air box snorkels? Can you show it on some picture?

I will test ride a 1078 in coming months, already did test 989. It's a torque-monster, very responsive, very fast, no abrupt throttle.
post #3 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 03:41 PM

nice one!!! have both the 910R and the 1078RR and know exactly what you mean :-D

...will you use the RACE ECU with the Arrow stubby? 'cause if you eliminate the cat and use the stubby, i'm not sure the standard ECU will be able to correct the A/F ratio despite the info fed back from the 02 sensor. The standard ECU has a limit to how much the A/F ratio can be corrected.
I know the RACE ECU is not available yet...

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 05:19 PM
Not very lucky..

Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaSLO View Post
What do you mean by eliminating air box snorkels? Can you show it on some picture?

I will test ride a 1078 in coming months, already did test 989. It's a torque-monster, very responsive, very fast, no abrupt throttle.
The airbox has internal "snorkels" that would seem to restrict the airflow. Awhile back many tried to remove these and used their butt dynos to see if they got more hp

After many opinions some said it did give them some more power
others said it felt like they had less

John, aka Airfuel, found that there was no noticeable gain when he dynoed his 910r. Also, many think they are in place to direct the air and smooth out any turbulence creating better airflow.

I hope I got that right.............
post #5 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 05:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkside View Post
The airbox has internal "snorkels" that would seem to restrict the airflow. Awhile back many tried to remove these and used their butt dynos to see if they got more hp

After many opinions some said it did give them some more power
others said it felt like they had less

John, aka Airfuel, found that there was no noticeable gain when he dynoed his 910r. Also, many think they are in place to direct the air and smooth out any turbulence creating better airflow.

I hope I got that right.............
Correct.

Only benefit to removing them is a louder intake noise; But there are performance detriments.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #6 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-18-2009, 05:32 PM

And as for the bike ride, VERY COOL!

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 03:36 AM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by khameron View Post
nice one!!! have both the 910R and the 1078RR and know exactly what you mean :-D

...will you use the RACE ECU with the Arrow stubby? 'cause if you eliminate the cat and use the stubby, i'm not sure the standard ECU will be able to correct the A/F ratio despite the info fed back from the 02 sensor. The standard ECU has a limit to how much the A/F ratio can be corrected.
I know the RACE ECU is not available yet...
The mechanics in my country (Italy) disassembly the original CPU (Marelli 5SM), sent it to MV where it 'll be reprogrammed or you can buy an original CPU and reprogram this one.
post #8 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 03:40 AM Thread Starter
Quote:
Originally Posted by MihaSLO View Post

I can confirm the Darkside's answer.I will do this for increase the air intake noise.The power increase comes from the changing of the exhaust system,the air filter with a race item(BMC) and reprogramming the CPU.
post #9 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-19-2009, 08:25 AM

NICE BIKE! There is an article in this months Bike magazine, its the 1078RR vs the Kawa Z1000. Its asking the question whether the 1078RR is worth twice the money. IN short the 1078 opens a can of very large Whoopass on the kawa. they called it an absolute animal with the fastest 40-120mph time they have ever recorded. They agree that its pricey but also agree that it is twice as good in SOME areas. However, they did say that they would rather spend the money on a Z1000 and spend the change on a 910r. But thats just them sitting on the fence as usual. Tell you what, i'll scan the review in and post it up tommorrow.
post #10 of 18 (permalink) Old 03-21-2009, 03:20 PM
Established Member

I've been searching online as well as this forum for months to try to find out what the price and availability of the bike will be in the US. The local dealer has no clue. Anybody heard something i've missed?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

1965 BSA 650 Lightning cafe' racer - sold to my insurance agent.
2006 Buell XB12Ss
2007 KTM 300XCW (e)
2008 Buell 1125r - Gone but not forgotten.
2009 Brutale 1078RR

The older I get, the faster I was.........

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode