Thinking of buying a Brutale 750 - Questions! - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 10:44 AM Thread Starter

Thinking of buying a Brutale 750 - Questions!

This is my first post here so a big hi to everyone!

I am located in Athens, Greece and thinking of buying a slightly used Brutale 750 (2007) with approx. 5000 miles.

I come from the Japanese school of thought, was a Z750 owner for years (until it got stolen) among others.

The million dollar question: Is it reliable? I've heard about a few electrical problems and that the rear hub bearings are kind of touchy. Plus, support from Italy hasnt been the best for quite a few owners who had troubles with their Brutale. WHat about the engine? Does it run trouble-free?

Other questions would be...well, nothing original:
Does it feel fast? What about the handling?

Unfortunately i havent had the chance to test-drive it yet (will do so hopefully in a couple of weeks) so i wanted to get a first feedback from you guys . Any additional info that might be helpfull is more than welcomed.

Thanks a lot!
J

Last edited by achilles; 03-10-2009 at 11:02 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 11:05 AM Thread Starter

Sorry, my bad. It's a 2008, 750cc.
post #3 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 01:52 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
If it is a 2008, it is a 910 not a 750.

Welcome aboard!

Buy it, you'll love it. Everyone else does.

CAG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 03:36 PM

Is it reliable?
Very reliable bike, super high quality on all heavy bits, but like all italians it has to have a few silly issues, like for instance before 2006 the headlight glass wasn´t properly sealed and could just drop from the assembly (did for me) and yes it took quite a while to get a replacement one (also Italian style) which would have costed a fortune (MV style) if it would have happened after warranty period. One other thing that happened to me was that the rear wheel nut locked and gave me a lot of problems, not sure if you should call it a Brutale issue though.
Did have some light (light) stalling issues that was solved with the PCIII.

Does it feel fast?
Wooohoo!!! you can read about that all over the forum + the internet as a whole.

What about the handling?
Wooohoo!!! bringing this bike to the track feels like cheating!

What about the engine? Does it run trouble-free?
Runs superb, I have had two Brutales the 750 and now a 910, not even close to change to any other bike yet, and have done 27 000 troublefree brutale-kilometers regarding functionality.
post #5 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 03:45 PM

Quote:
i work at a dealership and i have the horrible responsibility of having to ride all these bikes when i have to accompany a client for test rides so here are my thoughts.

thruxton - cool cool cool! heavy and underpowered. did i say cool? yes its very cool. if aesthetics come first the thruxton would have it in aces.

sport classic- very cool still and has got the performance to back it up. we have one that has a shark exhaust on it and man that sucker is loud! handles better and about 30 lbs lighter. also brakes better.

s4rs- strong engine, awesome suspension and brakes comfortable and more upright than brutale, the handling is less extreme than the brutale, its geared more towards being a naked bike with a superbike engine, so ergos are comfortable.

brutale- as the name says, itl pick up the front end with any provocation, loud and makes alot of ruckus when its running. handling is closer to a sportbike, footpegs and bars are more extreme , hence less comfortable.

so those are my doubloons.

by the way im 5'6" with 28 inch inseam. oh and the exhaust fumes on the mv comes back around where you can smell it when youre doing about 65mph.
someone wrote a summary of some bikes in terms of performance.
post #6 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 08:34 PM
Established Member

Achilles

Upload pictures of Ios

and we will anwser all questions

Hint >> you will grow out of a 750 and you will grow into 910.

Thx

u1-2go

One mans ride is another mans back marker
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #7 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by u1-2go View Post
Achilles

Upload pictures of Ios

and we will anwser all questions

Hint >> you will grow out of a 750 and you will grow into 910.

Thx
Yes and you and me will grow out of our 910 bikes, ill get the 1078 next year but Im glad i started with the 750 anyway - more fun to grow in and out of more machines
post #8 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 01:39 PM

Gia sou Achilles

MV Agustas DO NOT have problems !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it is of interest for you : Thomas Ntaes, who runs an authorised service workshop, tel. 210 2757158, has a very nice 910.

post #9 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-11-2009, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
If it is a 2008, it is a 910 not a 750.

Welcome aboard!

Buy it, you'll love it. Everyone else does.

CAG
+1 to all the above

But, you may want to verify the size/year--You may be getting snowed?

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #10 of 26 (permalink) Old 03-12-2009, 08:10 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the info everyone! I am almost convinced, so bring it on!

I know its a fantastic bike, a pure bred with a true italiano character. What i am interested in is getting a bit into the details in terms of reliability. I've already checked quite a few things on this board.

So far, the Brutale might be problematic in the following:
- Fusebox
- Electrical Circuit / Electronics
- Rear hub bearings
- Assembly of front light.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tvass View Post
Gia sou Achilles

MV Agustas DO NOT have problems !!!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe it is of interest for you : Thomas Ntaes, who runs an authorised service workshop, tel. 210 2757158, has a very nice 910.
Gia sou file, thanks gia to 910, tha parw na rwthsw.

Ti xereis gia to kostos sintirisis /antallaktikwn stin Ellada? Me tis times pou akouw frikarw.

Last edited by achilles; 03-12-2009 at 08:14 AM.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode