post #1 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 11:19 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me

Someone will be getting a hell of a deal.....even includes the Corse pipes (and I'm sure the chip, since it's all in the same box).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #3 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 11:20 AM Thread Starter
CAG

You should buy it Ed!

CAG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 11:24 AM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
Nah, Gina would get jealous. Besides, I'm buying lottery tickets so I can get Tambo #86......of course, have to get the winning ticket first.

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #5 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 12:24 PM

It is one hell of a deal and plus you can claim the tax credit this year.
post #6 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 06:05 PM

Nothing personal to you but damn you all in the USA, thats really cheap. As if it wasn't bad enough in the UK now i'm in Oz i'm looking at $21000+ AUD to buy one like that. Gutting.

Although for those of you in Oz this one is a pretty good price. http://www.bikepoint.com.au/DesktopD...767&TabID=3424

Does my bum look fast on this?
post #7 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-09-2009, 11:14 PM
Established Member

hebs,

A lot of us, myself included, are either loosing our jobs or getting 10 to 20% pay cuts here in the USA.

Last week, I was thinking about taking the plunge in spite of the economic uncertainty and decided to throw caution to the wind and test ride a demo 2008 910R at my local dealer. I did all the paper work signed in three places and then went to put my gear on. As fate would have it, right when I was about to get on the bike and take off, the sky opened up and it started to rain. The salesman said go for it, but I did not think it prudent and said I'd come back on a dry day. Well today at work, the announcement was made that all employees will get basically a 12% pay cut. So, I will stick with what I have for now and let the dealer know my situation. So, no test ride since I want to be honest about the whole deal. Who knows, the salesman may say, go ahead and take it for a spin anyway.
Raining on my 910R parade in more ways than one ....

How is the economy in the UK and OZ?
post #8 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 06:12 AM

Tha economy in the UK isn't much better than the USA, thats why i'm in Oz. I was living in my hometown on the Isle of Man with my boyfreind who is Aussie, but we had to leave because he couldn't find work there. You need a work permit to work there even if your British. So many people were out of work that all the jobs left were going to the locals first (quite right too i might add). I was lucky i could work but the wages aren't enough to support 2 people. Crap that i had to leave my home but its a good change being here.

It doesn't seem to of hit Oz yet (if it ever will), they're not handing out cheap loans hand over fist here cos the interest rates are relatively high. Sucks for me buying a new bike tho.

post #9 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 06:18 AM Thread Starter
CAG

Quote:
Originally Posted by hebs View Post
Nothing personal to you but damn you all in the USA, thats really cheap. As if it wasn't bad enough in the UK now i'm in Oz i'm looking at $21000+ AUD to buy one like that. Gutting.

Although for those of you in Oz this one is a pretty good price. http://www.bikepoint.com.au/DesktopD...767&TabID=3424
What if you disassembled the bike and shipped it as parts?

CAG
post #10 of 14 (permalink) Old 03-10-2009, 06:22 AM

I've thought about that, too much bother me thinks. Got no one to disassemble it, gonna cost to ship it then registering here would be a nightmare. They really don't like things being imported into Australia

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode