Fuse/CDI box - yes another one. Please help - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 06:37 PM Thread Starter

Fuse/CDI box - yes another one. Please help

I know there has been hundereds of posts about the CDI/fuse box and i don't want to bore anyone but i really need some help now and hopefull someone with some tech know how. My bike is a 2004 brutale 750 s

I posted up a while ago that i had inadvertantly blown the left hand indicator circuit/relay in the fuse box. Fitting the LED light i touched two wires together and its not worked since. The fuses are all good so in it went to the dealer for a fuse box. The part ordered was 8000A9300. We have since recieved 3 of these boxes and each one ceates another problem, the indicator works but the headlight doesn't. High or low beam.

Is this the box for my bike?
If not which one is?

The bike is back into the dealer on Tuesday but i just wanted to see if anyone on here can shed any light on the subject to help out. I need it fixed ASAP as i have a forum member wanting to buy it. This is getting hard to sort out from the other side of the world.

Thanks guys for reading yet another fuse/CDI box post

Does my bum look fast on this?
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 07:46 PM

I read in one of the treads that you have to get the 08' fuse box/ CDI.This is when they fixed it. I can't seem to find the tread but it has the part number listed in it.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 07:54 PM

Found this for you about halfway down the page is a part number

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showth...use+box&page=3

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 03:06 AM

Herbs last quote £ 313 from 3 x motorcycles.
post #5 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 03:14 AM

Herbs i forgot to say as the guy in the parts department who deals with M V parts.
post #6 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 05:40 AM

Hebs,

I have just recently had to replace this item and the part number on the bag it came in is different to those quoted above.
The one I got is 800094519, this has been fitted to our 750 Brtale and fixed all the electrical hassels we had been having,
Good luck

jimbo
post #7 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 06:15 AM Thread Starter

Thanks for the replies,

endgrain - thats the box i ordered but having problems with the headlight not working. I've had 3 of them fitted and all the same, either a problem with the batch or the wrong part.

Mort - i've already actually paid for the new box, it cost me £280. My dealer got it from MotoGB

Jimbo - thanks i'll tell my dealer and see if he can get that part ordered insted.

From some posts on here i'm lead to beleive that the part no 8000A9300 will work in all Brutales but i'm not convinced, as i say i've fitted 3 different ones and none work properly.

Does my bum look fast on this?
post #8 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 06:45 AM

Hebs,

Just looked at the paperwork that came with teh item (Moto GB suppield to 3X) part number on teh invoice is MV8A00A9615, so might be worth mentioning that as well. Incidently 280 is the trade price for the item so you have saved a bit its price but thats MV for you.

jimbo
post #9 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 07:33 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
If you have replaced all three and all three failed to correct the problem maybe the problem is not with the SPU.

Perhaps there is a fault else where in the harness.

CAG
post #10 of 22 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 10:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CAG View Post
If you have replaced all three and all three failed to correct the problem maybe the problem is not with the SPU.

Perhaps there is a fault else where in the harness.

CAG
+1

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode