Brutale Clipons Project - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 02:27 PM Thread Starter

Brutale Clipons Project

I'm off to the race track next month and wanted a more agressive riding position on the Brutale, so I started my clipons project. I haven't gotten far, so I still have questions on how everything is going to work out, but I thought I would share with you what I have done and learned.

CAG sent me a set of 07' F4 clipons to try out which fit nicely. All the controls from the Brutale match up nicely to the new bars, but I made a mistake of not lining up the throttle clamp in one of the holes which ended up breaking the clamp. I need to order a new one as this is not salvagable at this time.

The headlight housing is not going to work as there is not enough clearance for it and the clipons width. I'm going to have to find an alternative. I do have a CHALLENGE body kit being sent to me which hopefully will arrive next week, so I'll worry about that then.

The only thing that has me sort of worried is that on the F4 clipons near the pivot point on the clamp there is a small (nib) which looks like it mounts into a hole on the bottom of the F4 triple clamp. I assume this is to prevent the clipons from rotating on the forks when pressure is applied. Not sure if it's truely something to worry about at this time as the clamp bolts tightly to the fork.
Attached Images

Last edited by Flat Spot; 04-01-2009 at 06:52 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 02:53 PM

You can grind that nib off no worries. It`s there so the clipons are in the correct position when they assemble the bike at the factory.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-07-2009, 03:46 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
OK, I see what you mean by "damaged"

I have the lower part of the throttle housing. Check your pm.

CAG
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 03:08 AM

Or drill the bars
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-08-2009, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboyk View Post
You can grind that nib off no worries. It`s there so the clipons are in the correct position when they assemble the bike at the factory.
+1, no force should ever be applied to the pin, it's simply a locator--Just like the one on the B4 handlebar clamp.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 04:42 PM

How did it turn out, are you finished with the clipon project?
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 05:17 PM

I have the clamps from an F4 but I need the bars... I thought my standard 7/8" vortex clip-on bars would slide right in but they dont. Anyone have some spare f4 bars they would be willing to sell me? I want to do this project too!
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 07:13 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_thomas View Post
How did it turn out, are you finished with the clipon project?
I'm still waiting for the Challenge parts to arrive. They have been on backorder for awhile now, but I'm told they will be sent end of this week or early next week.

I need to find some 57mm Fork Headlamp brackets to mount the front fairing to as I can not use the stock headlight housing now. I may also have to get shorter clutch and brake lines as the slack is now in the way. I'm hoping to have it all complete in a months time.
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 07:53 PM

Did you order from emoto... cause they told me the end of last week and I have not heard anything back...
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-24-2009, 08:42 PM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flat Spot View Post
I'm still waiting for the Challenge parts to arrive. They have been on backorder for awhile now, but I'm told they will be sent end of this week or early next week.

I need to find some 57mm Fork Headlamp brackets to mount the front fairing to as I can not use the stock headlight housing now. I may also have to get shorter clutch and brake lines as the slack is now in the way. I'm hoping to have it all complete in a months time.
If you need F4 clutch and brake lines let me know.

Yours for the cost of shipping.

In fact, anyone who is doing this mod and thinks the F4 lines will work, I'll give you the same deal.

CAG

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode