Anybody swap out thier FRONT blinkers? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 02:31 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Anybody swap out thier FRONT blinkers?

I know many swapped out the rear when they got a license relocator, but anybody swap out the front?

I dunno, I want to do it, but I think those trademark signals make it look like a bull, and attribute to it's "brutal" looks. Anybody swap them out?

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 04:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by oicdn
I know many swapped out the rear when they got a license relocator, but anybody swap out the front?

I dunno, I want to do it, but I think those trademark signals make it look like a bull, and attribute to it's "brutal" looks. Anybody swap them out?
One thing I did was get rid of the spacers which make it stick out another 2 inches for US models to comply with spacing standards. I also put on the clear lens with amber lights so make them blend in better as well as more visibility when blinking from white to orange.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 07:06 PM
Not very lucky..

Any pics?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 10:57 PM

^^looks like all the Euro-spec bikes and press kit stuff.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:35 PM
Here it is
Attached Images

post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:50 PM
Not very lucky..

Looks I know everyone has different tastes, but I likey! Thanks for posting pic
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 10:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brutal2dmax
One thing I did was get rid of the spacers which make it stick out another 2 inches for US models to comply with spacing standards. I also put on the clear lens with amber lights so make them blend in better as well as more visibility when blinking from white to orange.
I'd like to swap out my lenses for clear ones, where did you find the amber bulbs and clear lenses?
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 11:02 PM

I am not a big fan of the big ear indicators and swapped mine out with these little units. They are unbelievably bright. A pain to put on: you have to remove the head lamp which is a breeze but then you have to grind the inside of the headlight bracket where the signals bolt on to make space for the back bolts.
Attached Images

post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-03-2006, 11:17 PM
The Dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by theponydogs
I'd like to swap out my lenses for clear ones, where did you find the amber bulbs and clear lenses?

You can order these from emoto.uk. You'll see them on some banner ads on this site. Shipping from the UK was quite cheap, even to Japan. No troubles there. The have the clear alternatives lenses.

I posted up a pic of my slight improvement to it. I put them on the F4, haven't yet on the Brutale, will do so some free evening and post pics. But it's basically a silver colored bulb so you can't see the amber at all. Not quite as bright, but on the weekend my friend had no trouble seeing it, so I'm not too worried.... looks better to me.

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=3016

post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 09-04-2006, 08:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by theponydogs
Since you're in the US, go to www.clearalternatives.com They are out of Las Vegas, I think, and manufacture these parts themselves.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode