I'm new...and I broke stuff. - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:17 AM Thread Starter

I'm new...and I broke stuff.

Hello,
I'm a new Brute owner...and I've already managed to mess up my bike. While installing a pc3 on my bike, I managed to wedge one of the throttle body connector plugs at an odd angle in it's plug. Long story short, despite my most sincere attempt at finesse, I ended up snapping the male connector (the part attached to throttle body) off. I'm wondering what my next step is. In looking at that portion of the throttle body, I'm hopeful that only the small stalk that the connector was formally attached to will need to be replaced; and that it is something that I will be able to install. I now defer to the wealth of knowledge represented on this site. Please let me know what will need to be done. e.g. repair current part, replace throttle body part, replace whole throttle body, ect.

Thanks for the help.
-Buck
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 04:45 AM

add some pics so we perfectly understand what happend
and i'm pretty sure somebody will tell you how to fix it.

post #3 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 05:46 AM Thread Starter

Oh, thanks. Here they are. Well, the parts are broken now, so I was thinking of attempting a very redneck solution before giving up on salvaging the current parts:
The contacts on the connector are still in good shape and separate. The plastic broke in a clean, flat manner. I'm about to test a glob of plastic-specific super glue to see how well it insulates. If it passes, I was at least going to attempt to glue the connector back on to the throttle body before scrapping the whole part. If it's a failure; so be it. I can only imagine I will have to scrap both the connector the associated part of the throttle body if my scheme is unsuccessful anyhow. Thoughts?
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 05:58 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
You need to replace the fuel injector. That is what that plastic part is attached to. The throttle body is the entire assembly the injector plugs into.

CAG
post #5 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 06:01 AM
CAG

Since your engine is a 750, getting a new fuel injector is a snap.

CAG
post #6 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 06:34 AM Thread Starter

Great! Thanks for your help! I do have just have a couple of follow ups: Where can I order a fuel injector, and can I install it? Despite my man-handling in this case, I am somewhat adept at wrenching (at least adept enough to usually install something like a pc without incident.)
post #7 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 06:37 AM
CAG

If you want a new one you can order it from the dealer. It will be about $400. (That's not a typo)

Yes, you can install it your self. You have to remove the fuel rail. The injector is a very tight interference fit between the throttle body and fuel rail. It just presses in.

CAG
post #8 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 09:25 AM

if your dealer doesn't have a fuel injector for you, you can send us a request as well (sales[at]vesuvioracing.com)

post #9 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 03:12 PM

There are some 750 fuel injectors for sale on e-bay second hand from breakers. Suggest they would be a cheaper option than new from a dealer?

Regards

jimbo
post #10 of 17 (permalink) Old 02-26-2009, 03:19 PM

Don't try to rig it back, precise timing and impedance is required for the injector to fire properly.

The bike may run, but you could have problems with that injector.

This is not a jap bike, parts are not cheap or easy to come by. Contact FBF, they are right near the US warehouse. Hopefully they have this in the US.

Good luck.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode