Anybody scrape thier pegs? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 01:40 PM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
Anybody scrape thier pegs?

I scraped my shoe the other day going around a bend near my house. Holy shit. I've scraped my pegs on other bikes, my R6 and Superhawk, but damn, I didn't know it was so easy on the Brute. I wasn't even trying to, I just cranked her over (didn't even hang off the bike, just leaned her over!), and now I have a small road rash on the side sole of my sneaker. Over she went, and bout scared the piss outta me cause on my other bikes, you had to try to crank them over, the Brute just dug into the turn and went....f'in sweet.

Hmm....rearsets? I could forsee this being an issue in the future Anybody else?

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-09-2006, 02:05 PM

Never scraped my pegs with the F4.
post #3 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 05:12 AM

the brutale has a never ending ground clearance
congrats on the scraping
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:52 AM

If you are scraping pegs, you need to adjust your body position...and if you are that far over on the street, you are really close to running out of tire also. You are riding on the edge of disaster!

Try to have someone take your picture while cornering. You'll probably learn alot from those picts.
post #5 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 09:59 AM
Not very lucky..

I think the main problem is the sneakers.... you should try sandals instead... sorry, couldn't resist. You can kick my if we ever meet up for a ride.
post #6 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 10:46 AM Thread Starter

Send a message via AIM to oicdn Send a message via Yahoo to oicdn
The area is a higly controlled area, very low traffic and awesome pavement quality.

It was a one time thing. Like I said, I've never scraped them before, even on turns much more demanding. But I was holding an extremely tight line, and just cranked her over and it scraped slightly. My peg didn't touch, but my shoe did....close enough.

I don't ride TOO aggressively, and that turn I was only going about 30-34MPH...so it wasn't even really anything considerable, it was just a little shocking....

Nate
Brutale S
Previously CLE #333 (hee hee, it rhymes!)
Buy some clothes:

Quote:
Originally Posted by altoon
and the HUGE lower triple clamp. that thing is braced like king-kong at at a bondage party.
post #7 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 11:44 AM

Body position. The fact that you were not hanging off is what caused the scraping. The more you shift the center of gravity, the less you need to lean the bike to hold your line.
post #8 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:23 PM

Chime in time. I've really made an effort to get my feet in the proper "ball of the foot" position. Before, when I would set the peg under my arch, it was easy to scrape the tip of my sz 11 boot hanging down. Now, when I'm positioned more correctly, there's no chance of anything scraping. However, you really aren't being clear. What scraped, the metal peg or your tennis shoe (giant difference).

Also, and unrelated really, I'm having trouble falling off the right peg. As much as 5-6 times in a 200 mile Sunday ride in the twisites. I'm afraid it wll happen in a critical turn or my foot will fall under the rear wheel or something. I've already sharpened the end points on the pegs and that has helped. I may dig or drill out some holes in my SIDIs, up near the ball of my foot because that's when it happens. No way I could put heavy pressure on it or dare to stand up. I think someone else was having trouble like this in Japan???? Maybe it's due the the tailpipe heat guard at the heal. I may take that guy off.

Last edited by HHester; 07-10-2006 at 07:29 PM.
post #9 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 07:27 PM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
one of the best mods i ever did to my BMW R1200GS was to put on spiked pegs for better traction....
i'm sure that someone, somehow can adapt these to the brutale

http://www.off-road.com/dirtbike/pro.../fastway/pegs/

they are simply incredible..... and you'll never want to ride without them on any bike again

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"
post #10 of 13 (permalink) Old 07-10-2006, 08:16 PM

Yes the standard footpegs feel like their coated in oil some times, very slippy. I have replaced mine with Sato rearsets. They have a very sharp knurl.......no problems with these at all.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode