Does MV Augusta make 49 state Bikes? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:24 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Question Does MV Augusta make 49 state Bikes?

Does anyone know if MV Augusta makes 49 state bikes? I am looking at a low mileage 2004 Brutale and live in CA with the restriction of 7500 miles on used bikes.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:34 PM

All the Brutes are 50-state. IIRC some early F4 750s may have been 49 state, but all the Brutes and 1000s are definitley 50 state bikes.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 02:52 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Thanks for the quick reply fazer6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:10 PM

I believe the pre-2003 bikes (F4 750s) were not CA legal.

On a side note, I ran into the 7,500 rule when I bought my 2005 999 from Pro Italia, registed it in Arizona, and then a year later traded it back to Pro Italia. There's a 50 state sticker that should be on the vehicle. Despite this, the CA DMV refused to allow the bike to be registered in CA. Pro Italia, having my power of attorney, registered the bike in CA as my personal property and then transferred it to them.

Morale of the story is becareful with the DMV. Although, you could probably go to another DMV and have no problem.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 03:11 PM

Here's an image of the 50 State certification that's hopefully on the bike:

http://dmv.ca.gov/pubs/brochures/fast_facts/ffvr29.htm
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-24-2009, 05:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlessedMV View Post
Thanks for the quick reply fazer6
No problem. BTW, It's MV Agusta. One U.

And Welcome!

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 11:18 AM Thread Starter
Established Member

Hi John,

Thanks for the correction. I am officially changing the month I was born in from August to Agust. Gee, what would good ol Caesar Augustus do?

Thanks also for the welcome. I always wanted an MV Agusta and have been reading up on them. I am surprised to see all the problems people are having. I keep telling myself that I need to be happy with my 2006 Yamaha FJR1300 and stop looking at something different. Can't afford it anyway with the uncertainty in the economy, etc. But, it doesn't hurt to look in case I win the lottery (wait a miniute - I don't play the lotto) or somehow get a large inheritance, right? A man needs to be ready for this sort of thing.

I have had Ducati's - 1975 750 SS Desmo & 74 - 750 GT , a Benell 650, and Guzzi 750 V7 Sport plus Yamaha's FJ1200 and now my FJR1300 and then Suzuki's 750 water bufalo - 500, and 250 + 1985 Honda 700 Intercepter + 1970 something Ossa 185 + Triumph 1974 Tiger & 72 Yamaha 175 & 60 mini enduro dirt bikes. I can clearly remember the day I bought my brand spanking new 1971 Suzuki 250, my first street bike. I was only 15 years old actually. I paid for it with my own money , but my Dad, being from a farm and all did not see a problem with me not having a license and did the paper work in his name. When we rode from Chicago to New York to visit the relatives, my Aunt who kept track of B-day's gave me a tongue lashing along with my Dad. My Mom was pretty cool about it though. The 250 was pretty fast and I told myself I never wanted anything faster and would be happy with the 250 for awhile. Not. Well, I could go on and reminisce some more.
Just wanted to say that there is a good group of folks on this site. Always wanting to help out, etc.
Take Care,
Scott
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-28-2009, 02:47 PM

Welcome Blessed - you'll find that counting Us is a thing with MV owners.

Don't worry about the number of problems posted, most of us live hundreds of miles from a dealership and there's no such thing as a Haynes manual.

//96% of all HDs ever made are still on the road - but a few managed to get home again.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode