Found 2 unconnected hoses. What are they for? - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:30 PM Thread Starter

Question Found 2 unconnected hoses. What are they for?

Hi All,

Can someone tell me what these hoses are for? I found them in unconnected state tonight.

I tried to ID them in the workshop manual but the only possible reference to them are "tubing for checking the suction" in Page G10 but in that picture the connectors are capped so what the hell? Should I connect them back up? Does it matter which one goes it which connector? Help!!
Attached Images

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dsmvbrut; 02-18-2009 at 09:36 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:42 PM
Ball & Chain magnet

Send a message via Yahoo to Djester
look like the vacuum lines that help vent the tank and charcoal canister inside the tank.

If at first you don't succeed, use a hammer instead

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-18-2009, 09:59 PM Thread Starter

Ah, no wonder they are not in the workshop manual. So plug back or no plug back? Is there a specific match up of the hoses or can I just plug them back without worrying about which one goes where?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 06:13 AM
CAG

Send a message via Skype™ to CAG
There are 4 of them, two on each side of the bike. One line goes to the base of each intake manifold under the throttle body.

Yes, you should connect them or block them off completely. I don't think it matters which goes where.

CAG
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 08:14 AM
Established Member

Definitely plug them back onto the spigots right next to them. There are two more on the other side also. They are pre-formed so it will be very obvious which one goes where, though it reality it probably doesn't matter. That is where my mechanic hooked up his carb sync tool so he could balance my intakes. Pretty clever actually, as I really can't imagine trying to find and connect to the ports at the intake manifold!

Hopefully you didn't run it like that too long, as it would make those two cylinders run very lean.

Phil

Last edited by Phactory; 02-19-2009 at 08:16 AM.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 09:52 AM

You could actually cap them and remove the whole charcoal canister bit. It saves about 3 pounds on the bike. Only the USA models have them. The caps are available from MV, labeled 1.2.3.4 so you know what intake they are connected to. You should have noticed quite a bit of hissing though those when you were riding.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 12:03 PM Thread Starter

Thanks much, guys! I'd bet ProItalia mechanic probably left it off when I had the 7,500 mile service done there. I'll be sure to check to see if the hoses on the other side is also disconnected.

bartolim, yes, yes, that totally explains the hissing sound I've been hearing coming from that general direction.

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 01:51 PM

So i take it if mine are already capped off as they are . The cannister has already been ditched ?
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-19-2009, 05:27 PM
Old Wing Nut

Send a message via Skype™ to esq'z me
You can buy auto vacuum caps at any auto supply store for not much money. That's what I did. Taking out the charcoal can means pulling the fuel pump and running new hose from the cap to the pump base. Also need to seal off the mounts and vent it the side of the tank (if you have latest version with canister inside the tank...if it's external the job is simpler).

I used to be fast....now I just dream about it.

'08 910R (Gina), '04 F4 SPR #275 Track Bike (Lola), YSR50 (The Rabbit), '71 CB100 (Lil' Red), '75 RD350C (Orange Bird) restoration project, '70 Suzuki F50 (Baby Blue)
post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 02-20-2009, 09:04 AM

Blackie, the canister is only on the US bikes, your Euro bike never came with it. I didn't realize they had moved it to the tank on the newer Brutale. I know my F$ 312 had it in the tank. I removed it from both bikes, but definitely much easier on the Brute with the external canister.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode