910s impressions - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 04:22 AM Thread Starter

910s impressions

Just finished my first day with new 910s. She's a 03/2006 build, red in colour. Coming from the Brutale 750s it felt right straight away. I have opted for the hard break in method advised by many, so once warm I twisted the throttle to the stop .
Things I noticed first were a general feeling of more refinement to this motor. There is slighty more vibration evident however, mostly higher in frequency & this generates a little tingling through the pegs. Something I never experienced with the 750 & slightly annoying at first, but seemingly gone soon afterwards as the miles went by. The feeling of refinement led me to think some of the 750's character had been lost, that rawness dulled down. A new sound is introduced in line with this trait, a kind of whirrr noise at light throttle openings & lowish rpm.
3rd gear, crest of a hill with the road sloping away, crack the throttle wide open. Holyshit.....feels like 2nd gear on the 750 as the front wheel proceeds to hover inches above the ground for 100 metres before touchdown with a chirp of the tyre. Now were serious I thought.
Onto the twistes, broad spread of power makes it such a joy. Gone is the crazy stepped power delivery of the 750. Replaced with smooth liner power, more urge everywhere & warp factor launches of the corners. This thing really hauls & requires more care with the throttle to prevent unhooking rear tyre or lofting the front. This is where the 910 pulls back fun factor points
Probably hit 10000-11000rpm sometimes & I'd say whilst low end & midrange are worlds apart, topend feels only a little bit stronger. Ofcourse that will probably change with a few more miles on her.
As for sound thankfully not much changes, (except for the whirr mentioned earlier) the glorious induction sound is still there . Yet to see redline but some of the 750's mad mechanical thrashing/F1 style scream may have faded sadly. . Something I wasn't expecting.......the 910s sounds about as loud or louder at idle than my 750 with the midpipe fitted!!! And it's bone stock!!
Another bonus: for whatever reason, despite the 910's higher compression ratio, there is way less engine braking
Getting on the gas from a closed throttle is more abrupt than 750 & disconcerting at first but only really affecting the slowest of corners/roudabouts etc. This would probably be my only gripe, not as much of a problem as i anticipated. You can ride around the problem with revised technique or a power commander which I intend to do later anyhow.
Early days yet & with more time plus mods yet to come I can say the 910 is already better.............conclusion.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 04:32 AM
Administrator

Send a message via Yahoo to alvin
Congrats! Great writeup, very informative coming from a 750 owner. Be sure to get some pictures up of your new beaut, and registry submission
post #3 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 07:13 AM

OK 721,,, youve just about done it for me. I've been lusting for a 910 and I just may have to buy one now after reading your report. I think the 3rd gear, cresting the hill, carrying the front wheel skyward part sold me! Yee hawww!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 10:33 AM
MV Cellist

Send a message via Yahoo to odonata Send a message via Skype™ to odonata
Thanks for the post, and congrats on hte new bike!

O D O N A T A

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 11:39 AM

the hard break in is no prob @ all, just before they leave the factory
they are put on a testing bank and they go (almost) full throttle for 20 mins
(so soft break in is just wishfull thinking)
congrats with the new toy, hope you will love it as much as i do
post #6 of 6 (permalink) Old 07-08-2006, 11:58 AM
Pimp of posts

Send a message via AIM to spalding12 Send a message via MSN to spalding12 Send a message via Yahoo to spalding12
Quote:
Originally Posted by MV Blackie
on a testing bank and they go (almost) full throttle for 20 mins
what?
20 minutes at nearly full throttle
i've never heard of that
i'm all FOR a HARD break-in..... i believe in them strongly
but.....

go to your local dealer and look at a new brutale... right out of the crate
smell the INSIDE of the motor....
look at the oil that comes from the factory (drain a bit out of the bike)

you'll quickly see that the motor hasn't been run at all.... or maybe just turned over

i think that they might TEST a few of the motors this way... but they certainly don't do that to ALL of them... or the motors wouldn't LOOK and SMELL new out of the crate

100% free webcam site! | Awesome chicks and it is absolutely free! | Watch free live sex cam - easy as 1-2-3

Greg
Clearwater, FL USA

'07 Brutale 910R
'07 BMW K1200GT

live like you mean it...
but take your family and friends along for the "ride"

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode