Brutale 750 battery woes - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:13 PM Thread Starter
Established Member

Brutale 750 battery woes

I've always had a problem with my battery, it never seems to hold a charge for more than a week if I don't warm the bike up and let it recharge.

I assumed that it was probably just worn out, and after many attempts to save it with chargers/trickle chargers, it would only come back to life well enough to start immediately and then die within a week.

So a couple weeks back I bought a new one. Same exact model, and it's a Yuasa, which I assume is factory. It started up great the first day after I installed it, turned over a lot less before firing, sounded really healthy. And here I am a week later with a dead battery.

Nothing is running as far as mods to the electronics, no security (probably shouldn't say that, but I'm gonna get something), nothing at all as far as I'm aware. I know my Ducati ran an immobilizer for 24 hrs. after startup, but that was low draw and I never had any problems with it. I don't think MV has the same thing, but I don't know for sure.

Any suggestions? Is this a common problem with 04-05 brutes?

"...and as I shifted into 6th, the engine screaming ferociously beneath me, I stared into the face of god." - Johnny

'05 MV Agusta Brutale S 750 (Nero)
'05 Suzuki GSX-R 600
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 2 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 11:15 PM

Not normal at all. Check your charging system.

B4 750S [sold]
B3 675R [waiting]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode