Question on radial master cylinder & stock mirror compatibility - MVAgusta.net

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 02:25 AM Thread Starter

Question on radial master cylinder & stock mirror compatibility

I'm toying with the idea of installing Brembo radial brake (and maybe clutch so that they'll look matching) master cylinder. Does anyone know whether I'll still be able to use the stock mirrors (or the Rizoma Limit mirrors that I'll eventually acquire) after the master cylinder upgrade or would I have to get separate bracket for the mirrors? Also, any particular size reservoir cup I should get with the m/c?

Lastly, my understanding is that the aftermarket Brembo m/c brake switch is actuated by hydraulic pressure of the cylinder. Does anyone has or know of any issues of the brake light not activating when the brake lever is lightly pressed? Thanks.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Last edited by dsmvbrut; 02-13-2009 at 12:50 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-13-2009, 11:35 AM

I can't answer all of your questions, but I have been researching the RCS MC's, too. It is my understanding that the Brembo unit uses a microswitch with 2 wires to trigger the brakelight circuit -- not hydraulic pressure.
post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-14-2009, 05:08 AM

Hi Mate

I have a brembo clutch master on my 999 & TMK you have to put another mirror bracket alongside it to mount the mirror on. TBH i think i need to put a brembo on the Brute as the standard & crc lever both hit my fingers when pulled in. The brembo has a far better pull & span of distance.
You also need a new switch that works from pressure to short out the wires for brake & clutch start when in gear

I got my brembo from moore speed racing in the uK but pdq are equally as good.

http://www.moorespeedracing.com/

http://www.pdq1.co.uk/pdq.htm
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 09:55 PM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackie View Post
Hi Mate

I have a brembo clutch master on my 999 & TMK you have to put another mirror bracket alongside it to mount the mirror on. TBH i think i need to put a brembo on the Brute as the standard & crc lever both hit my fingers when pulled in. The brembo has a far better pull & span of distance.
You also need a new switch that works from pressure to short out the wires for brake & clutch start when in gear

I got my brembo from moore speed racing in the uK but pdq are equally as good.

http://www.moorespeedracing.com/

http://www.pdq1.co.uk/pdq.htm
Thanks! I think finding new mounts for the mirrors is going to be a challenge though.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 PM

The new Brembo RCS master cylinders (the ones you can adjust the lever ratio) come with a electrical brake light switch that will plug into your existing wiring.

The older Brembo radial masters do not have a switch and you will have to add a banjo bolt with a built in pressure switch.

If you use the Brembo MC your stock mirrors will not mount to it.

Hope that helps.
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 12:01 AM

I think you are looking to do something like this?

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19320
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 12:57 AM
Established Member

I believe Moto Corse have the exact bracket you need.
It's a billet bar clamp that allows the stock mirrors and the Brembo reservoirs to mount to the Brutale bars.

You can check it out on some of the "special edition" Brutales at the www.motocorse.jp site or if you go to the site www.motocorse.net and click on MV Agusta, it will be the fifth item from the top on the left column called "Mirror holder clamp".

According to the Japanese Moto Corse site it's 14,700 JPY Yen per side which translates to ~$160.00 per side.
Seems like a lot for a simple billet piece but it's a clean solution and would save you having to make it custom or rig something up.

07 White/Black F4 1000R -- SOLD
04 Matte Black Brutale S -- SOLD
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 02-16-2009, 01:26 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by insider View Post
I think you are looking to do something like this?

http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=19320
Yes, yes! Is this the same one Ofnoa mentioned? Do you have any close up pics of your set up?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ofnoa View Post
I believe Moto Corse have the exact bracket you need.
It's a billet bar clamp that allows the stock mirrors and the Brembo reservoirs to mount to the Brutale bars.

You can check it out on some of the "special edition" Brutales at the www.motocorse.jp site or if you go to the site www.motocorse.net and click on MV Agusta, it will be the fifth item from the top on the left column called "Mirror holder clamp".

According to the Japanese Moto Corse site it's 14,700 JPY Yen per side which translates to ~$160.00 per side.
Seems like a lot for a simple billet piece but it's a clean solution and would save you having to make it custom or rig something up.
Thanks, Ofnoa! It looks good but $160 per side is on the expensive side...

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash2much View Post
The new Brembo RCS master cylinders (the ones you can adjust the lever ratio) come with a electrical brake light switch that will plug into your existing wiring.

The older Brembo radial masters do not have a switch and you will have to add a banjo bolt with a built in pressure switch.

If you use the Brembo MC your stock mirrors will not mount to it.

Hope that helps.
Yes, thanks for the clarification.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to use all of the features of the MVAgusta.net site, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode